Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

I've played through this in the past, but it's been too long. I can't find the frelling Rakshasa. I've talked to everyone just outside the city, and that's where I *thought* it was. But nothing seems to be happening with it. So, what am I missing?
Old 03-25-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

There's a woman at the north-EAST gate who will give you a vital clue [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:10 PM   #3
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Should be in the druid grove area, a kinda abandon looking castle like struture in the upper right hand corner. Just attack if the dialouge doesn't make sense. If you have jan in your party he should just tell you.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #4
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

Thanks to you both. I'll try again when I get home from work. I've been growing quite frustrated with my inability to solve a quest I remember not having any difficulty with the first time around. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 02:50 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
Should be in the druid grove area, a kinda abandon looking castle like struture in the upper right hand corner. Just attack if the dialouge doesn't make sense. If you have jan in your party he should just tell you.
So will Keldorn.
And so will the Lady herself if you`ve talked to the Djinni's...

[ 03-26-2003, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:32 AM   #6
IronDragon
Elminster

Mild spoiler:
~
~
~
~
~
~
You can also have the option of just killing the Djinn. The end results are the same and no one seems upset in anyway about your solution to the problem. Make sure you’re protected against petrifaction or at least have a stone to flesh scroll handy. Protection from petrifaction is much preferable, getting turned to stone severely damages the character and ends the game if your PC is the one who gets it but it also tends to disrupt any romances if your sweetums gets ….well…stoned.
Later when you are passing through the druid grove stop in and see the potion lady. She should react in exactly the same way and you get the ex for killing her and her henchmen.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:18 PM   #7
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Just remember to have plus two weapons or better ready when you face Mrs cat. And I don't mean weapons made using that stupid enchanted weapon spell. I did that and the battle was like Minsc and his flail were the only ones fighting. By the way, if you can, summon a fire elemental. If you can keep the primary Rakshasa from spell casting the others will fight only with swords and none of the swords are enchanted. I have found this effective in most cases.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:31 AM   #8
Lord Demerol
Dungeon Master

...and keep in mind that the Raksasha lady has a neat inventory, including 10 potions of invisibility, 10 potions of Power, 10 oils of speed, etc... I always buy as much as I can before slicing her throat.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Lord Demerol is offline   Reply With Quote