Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 11:18 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Okay, I admit it, I am not a computer-guru by any stretch of the imagination. SO, I ask what is likely two simple questions. (1) How do you save a screenshot of my BGII adventures, and (2) once saved how do I post that screenshot on this board.

Sorry if the answer to this is too involved. If so, just tell me to get lost.

BTW, I had a 124 HP backstab against Gaal last night and just wanted to post it - Critical Hit Quintuple.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

To make the screenshot, pause your game on the screen you want and hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard (may also be called Print Scr or Screen - located with the Scroll Lock etc in the top right corner of the keyboard).
Now, I think BG automatically saves your screenshot to one of its folders, so check your BG folders to see if you can find it. Otherwise, minimalise your BG window (Alt+Tab) and open any kind of paint program like Photoshop or even Paint. Hit the Paste button and your screenshot should appear.

Now, to post it on Ironworks:
You might want to resize it first and save it as a .jpeg or a .gif rather than a .bmp file. Now you need a place to host it. The easiest way to do this is to go to a site which will host images for free, such as http://www.ranchoweb.com
Simply become a member and follow the instructions to upload images.
When you have uploaded the image, copy the exact address and put it between image tags: [img][/img]
Now it should appear in your post.

Hope that helps! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-24-2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-24-2002, 05:20 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thanx for taking the time to explain it to me. Rockin' cool. OMG - once again, as has been the case since the PC was invented and came into my life, the video games I play on the CPU teach me more than the work I do on the CPU.
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]