Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #21
Animal
Gold Dragon

I must be missing something here. Who is Frodo?
Old 01-13-2003, 09:32 PM   #22
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

...Animal, please tell me you are joking...
Old 01-13-2003, 09:37 PM   #23
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
Semi...I know Frodo is a character from Lord of Rings, however, I never actually have read the books or seen the movies.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

That is quite funny Delboi.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #25
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
Semi...I know Frodo is a character from Lord of Rings, however, I never actually have read the books or seen the movies.[/QUOTE]Frodo is the so-called ring bearer. The One Ring is a ring of immense power, and Frodos job was to avoid being corrupted by it's power and keep it from others who would be corrupted by it's power.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:35 PM   #26
GokuZool
Lord Ao

LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

*Right-Click- Save Picture As*
Old 01-14-2003, 07:34 AM   #27
Grungi
Banned User

the ring on someone like aragorn WOULDNT make him invisible, nor would it make gandalf invisible, they would be able to wield its full powers, also elrond could wear it without being invisible, the invisiblity is actually one of the rings weaker powers and hence why gollum, frodo etc who dont have the power to wield it only go invisible when wearing it.. as for sauron when hes wearing it it completes the power that he himself poured into it making him more powerful than before he created the ring so with the ring almost invincible, likewise if aragorn wielded the ring he'd be almost invincible.

remember the ring has a multitude of powers, but in the film and even in the book its left to the imagination as to what those are.

heh sorry to spoil a funny thread (laughed at the original image [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) but thats some of the facts of the ring.

so basically what im saying is, if bush wore the ring, he wouldnt go invisible, he'd just declare war on mars more n likely ;D probably go a little bit madder before beginning a conquest of... well the aforementioned hilary clinton [img]smile.gif[/img]

ahem - the twisted workings of my mind [img]smile.gif[/img]