Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 09:05 PM   #41
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I'm 6'0, 205lbs and I can do 3 sets of 10 lifting 275. I can get about 4-5 reps out at 315 which is 3 plates per side with an olympic bar.

What supplements are you guys taking? Right now I'm on Creatine, Glutamine, Carbs, Weight Gainer, Muscle Milk, and I'm finishing a stack of Andro. I know, I'm a walking pharmacy, but it's really hard for me to gain weight so this really helps.
Do you really need to take all that crap ? Creatine ? Don't you know that stuff is dangerous and unhealty ? If you're only going to the gym to gain weight and muscle build up, you're going their for the wrong reason. Just mho.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:50 AM   #42
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
I'm 6'0, 205lbs and I can do 3 sets of 10 lifting 275. I can get about 4-5 reps out at 315 which is 3 plates per side with an olympic bar.
[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

It doesn't sound like you're having any problems to me, unless you want to go competition or something.

Most supplements are completely worthless. The others are mostly worthless. The placebo effect is a strong one though. Protein drinks with low sugar are good if you have a hard time getting in the required amounts of lean protein. There's no supplement that can do anything the right foods can't. Andro is a little risky. I'd stay clear of it. In doses large enough to do anything, it's been linked to a lot of side effects and very little muscle growth.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:09 PM   #43
Elif Godson
Dracolich

My only suppliment is BEER [img]smile.gif[/img] I dont have time for weight's since I graduated from Highschool 13 years ago.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:24 PM   #44
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
quote:

What supplements are you guys taking? Right now I'm on Creatine, Glutamine, Carbs, Weight Gainer, Muscle Milk, and I'm finishing a stack of Andro. I know, I'm a walking pharmacy, but it's really hard for me to gain weight so this really helps.
Do you really need to take all that crap ? Creatine ? Don't you know that stuff is dangerous and unhealty ? If you're only going to the gym to gain weight and muscle build up, you're going their for the wrong reason. Just mho.[/QUOTE]I guess it's all a difference of opinion. I don't quite see how you can tell me what the right and wrong reasons for lifting weights are, but I appreciate your sentiment.

Epona- It's all good sweetie!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 07-31-2002, 01:59 PM   #45
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
quote:

Do you really need to take all that crap ? Creatine ? Don't you know that stuff is dangerous and unhealty ? If you're only going to the gym to gain weight and muscle build up, you're going their for the wrong reason. Just mho.[/QUOTE]I guess it's all a difference of opinion. I don't quite see how you can tell me what the right and wrong reasons for lifting weights are, but I appreciate your sentiment.

[/QUOTE]Of course i can't tell you the right or wrong reason. That's why i put the 'mho' in. For me, working out means meantaning my strength. I don't train to get more muscle growth. I see some of those body builder types cranking on the weights and doing more and more each day. If they want to do it, that's fine. If i work out, i can't go too far because i can't get tired. Mostly because in an hour or so, i need to go to practice and i can't be tired.
But i do feel strongly about the suplements though. I have nothing against vitamine suplements or protein suplements. But things like creatine or very dangerous. Tests have proven it. I would suggest doing some research before taking anything. Maybe ask a doc. I could be wrong but is creatine not on the doping list of forbidden products ? I mean, is muscle growth more important to you than your health is ?
Old 07-31-2002, 02:14 PM   #46
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I feel sorry for anyone who feels that creatine or anything else like that will help them. All it will do is waste their time and money. The only supplements anyone needs is of protein and vitamins.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:27 PM   #47
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
I feel sorry for anyone who feels that creatine or anything else like that will help them. All it will do is waste their time and money. The only supplements anyone needs is of protein and vitamins.
Wow, you guys are really wrong. Creatine REALLY does help. I can personally guarantee it. Especially when taken with Glutamine.

And JR, I have done plenty of research on creatine in the past. The only proven side effects are very minor.

http://www.lougehrigsdisease.net/als_pages/creatine.htm
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/nu-care/whatiscreata.html

Oh well. It's my choice and I made it knowingly.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 07-31-2002, 04:34 PM   #48
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Even if Creatine was for real, which it isnt, I still prefer to do things myself and not just have some chemical do them for me. There's some pride in knowing that I am the reason I am becoming stronger, that I am the reason I win matches, I am the reason I reach my goals.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:20 PM   #49
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
Even if Creatine was for real, which it isnt, I still prefer to do things myself and not just have some chemical do them for me. There's some pride in knowing that I am the reason I am becoming stronger, that I am the reason I win matches, I am the reason I reach my goals.
Creatine is for real. I can give you hundreds of references that attest to its reality. Creatine does not in the least diminish my pride in my abilities. Just like eating well, creatine helps you build muscle, it doesn't do it for you. It is not an anabolic chemical. You do the work, creatine helps your muscles heal and work harder so that you can build muscle faster. Did you know that meats like beef have creatine in them? Is beef bad? Is it unnatural?

[ 07-31-2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: MILAMBER ]
Old 07-31-2002, 07:28 PM   #50
Epona
Zartan

Quote:

I guess I'm just not into muscles! On myself or others [img]smile.gif[/img]