Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 03:08 PM   #1
georgecarnell

haldards r such wicked weapons....soo misunderstood

whoo needs spears when u hav a halbard!

halbard wicked weapon who has ever used 1??

Old 02-11-2002, 03:11 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Well, I've hit a guy with a baseball bat once, in an accident of course, if that counts
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Please Tell Me Your Talking About In A Game!! I Can't Tell Which One Tho Cos Ure In The GD Forum!!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

I prefer axes, so much easier to decapitate someone with.....we're not talking about a game are we?
Old 02-11-2002, 03:35 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

LOL, Joking Apart I Did Find A Kickass Axe (Which Looks Like A Halbeard) Today In IWD!! Ahem...
Old 02-11-2002, 03:38 PM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
LOL, Joking Apart I Did Find A Kickass Axe (Which Looks Like A Halbeard) Today In IWD!! Ahem...

Yeah, I vaguely recall IWD having double handed axes and hammers, the double handed axes did look like halberds, I think.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by PuPpEt_MaStEr:
haldards r such wicked weapons....soo misunderstood

whoo needs spears when u hav a halbard!

halbard wicked weapon who has ever used 1??

Well, in real life (I assume you're talking about some game, but let's make this a serious argument shall we? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) in real life, spears are a lot faster to swing/thrust and easier to use than halberds. Also, halberds can practically only be used for slashing attacks, which are relatively easy to block, while a good spear can be used for both slashing and thrusting. So I think I personally would go with a spear, as far as polearms are concerned.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #8
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
I prefer axes, so much easier to decapitate someone with.....we're not talking about a game are we?

Axes are so old..
When I want to decapitate someone I bring out the gillioutin!
It's not that heavy, you can easily carry it with you, and if you're going for longer walks you can buy a cart to bring it along with you [img]smile.gif[/img]
I even got one in pocket-size for those annoying little fairies
Old 02-11-2002, 03:45 PM   #9
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:

Well, in real life (I assume you're talking about some game, but let's make this a serious argument shall we? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) in real life, spears are a lot faster to swing/thrust and easier to use than halberds. Also, halberds can practically only be used for slashing attacks, which are relatively easy to block, while a good spear can be used for both slashing and thrusting. So I think I personally would go with a spear, as far as polearms are concerned.

Ah, but you forget about the little spear-like tip of the halberd
The only down-side with that one is that you can't really impale someone that good because the axe is in the way..
But I find it very good to cause serious injuries to larger people's private parts
Old 02-11-2002, 03:46 PM   #10
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Guillotines are nice if you've already subdued your opponent, but for beheading in the middle of a brawl, I have to agree with Sigmar, nothing better than an axe. And BTW, Regin, have you ever actually tried lifting a guillotine? [img]tongue.gif[/img]