Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2003, 03:30 PM   #1
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Hi all,
I am on my second play through Wiz 8 and really enjoying it. I'm wondering if the earlier games in the series are as good and if so, where to buy them as I can't seem to find them anywhere......... Ideas anybody?
thanks,
jelly x [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2003, 06:12 PM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

There is a compilation out there called "The wizardry archives" and available for less then 10 bucks. It contains the whole wizardry series, and at least Wizardry 7 is GREAT. It's actually better than 8, just the graphics ... But the riddles and the story are really cool, I spent a lot of time with that game [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
Philipp
Old 10-16-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Light Bulb

Yes, I concur. Wiz 7 is great and Wiz 6 is almost as great. Of course the graphics get cruder the earlier you go! But the puzzles, mazes and building up your party are still great fun. Note: Wiz 7 has an auto-map feature, but Wiz 6 and earlier do not. I didn't need to use the pencil and chart paper, tho.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah, play W-7 and then import that party to W-8. Or go all the way, i think 5 is the earliest that exports. I ran a few groups through 7 specifically for 8, and tried the various entries--Umpani was my favorite, especially with smaller groups, if you can Pickpocket they have the best stuff.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 06:32 AM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

I only played wizardry 7 up until the t'rang because then my computer died, and the cd had been lost long before. But I greatly enjoyed the game, and I would recommend it wholeheartedly, though I have no idea where to get it from.

My favourite moment in Wiz7: realizing you could get into the first town without fighting the guards by using the merchants name (Paluke I think it was, but it has been a long time).

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:53 AM   #6
petertmorgan
Dungeon Master

I have often seen original versions of Wizardry 6 (Bane of the Cosmic Forge) and Wizardry 7 (Crusaders of the Dark Savant), as well as Wizardry Gold (the updated, CD version of Wizardry 7) on Ebay. Selling price is usually $5-10 plus another $5 for shipping.
petertmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #7
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Thanks for your help people, very much appreciated! Happy wizarding!
At moment am stuck in a retro dungeon....... argh. lol
love Jelly x