Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 02:16 PM   #1
Karass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just changed my voodoo2 card for a Asus Geforce MX400 32meg because I was getting constant lockups when playing Wiz 8. Now the problem seems to be solved except now Im having sound problems. I have a Monster Mx300 sound card. I cant hear my npcs voices, sometimes I loose the music and most of the sounds too...Anyone have any idea to help me out? Im running the latest drivers for the video card (nvidia drivers) and also the lastet drivers for my video card. I went in dx dianostic and there seems to have no hardware conflicts...

Help, I dream about playing this game without any problems...

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2002, 09:08 PM   #2
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have just installed W8 & it seems to run ok on my old pc except that there is no sound at all.
I do not usually have any trouble with sound on my pc & I have the latest drivers for my chipset. There is no video or sound cards on this pc & no pci slots to install any.
Has anyone got any ideas?
Has this forum a tech thread or best tips thread like the W&W forum?
Old 12-28-2002, 11:07 PM   #3
Nomad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Karass, have you tried using different sound stratagies in the setup program? Try something different and maybe it will work.

Kev, you might try the same thing.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:07 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

before you first start the game, there should be an option the configure your game configuration. just tweak the sound/voice configuration to your desired level.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 07:59 AM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I already looked at that option. In my gain setup it gives the 3d sound options as none or none. I dont know why this should be, I have no problems with sound on other games. I also went into the audio options in my computers control panel. There was only one sound codec out of 13 that was not enabled, I enabled that but it made no difference.
Something strange that does happen is that when I go to start the game I get a box saying autocheck or autosearch come up. I have to use tab-alt-del to endtask this box, my game then comes up normally. If I dont end task this box it just stays up & the game doesn't start.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:57 AM   #6
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well I've loaded the patches & the autocheck box doesn't stay up any more but still no sound at all.
Any other ideas?
Old 12-30-2002, 07:38 AM   #7
Nomad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Send an email to bugs@sir-tech.com

They answered a question of mine just 2 weeks ago, Linda Currie is still manning her battle station.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:48 PM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks nomad I'll try that.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:51 AM   #9
realbinky
Elminster

Guys, you don't mention other stuff, like O/S versions. Make sure if you don't have XP, you install the lasted DirectX. Then, run the game setup and let the autocheck find what you have. It needs to check before it will give you options. Choose the Direct3d sound option. I have EAX compatible card, but if I choose it, 1/2 my sounds are missing.