Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

~The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave its birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose around the city of Tar Valon. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings tot he turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.~

Ladisha swept into one of the White Tower's numerous common rooms, not quite breathless, but just a little overwhelmed. Ladisha Aryman of the Blue Ajah settled herself into a soft arm chair and smoothed her silken Andoran dress. That foolish Council in Far Madding was no more then a waste of her time and skill. Bloody Elaida, sending her out on pointless missions. Putting the Amyrlin Seat out of her mind, she got up and started for her rooms in the Blue Ajah's quarters. A change of clothes was needed, and maybe something else, something away from the Tower, to keep her busy.

A little info on Ladisha: Shes an Andoran noble, and thought to be quite distantly related to the Amyrlin Seat Deane Aryman, who was the Tower's 2nd Amyrlin in its recorded history. She is of considerable strength in the One Power, though not the strongest, and developed the talent known as Cloud Dancing, or the ability to control the weather in small areas. She is what an Andoran would consider average heigth, with straight brown hair cut off at her shoulder blades and stunning blue eyes. She came across an angreal in her travels, and has kept it hidden and safe from Tower knowledge. It is in the shape of a coiled snake, small enough to fit in her hand, stripd red and black. She has been raised to the shawl long enough to achieve the agelessness Aes Sedai are known to possess, but just barely. Her exact age in unknown, and she guards that as much as her angreal. She does possess a Warder(played by Calaethis

Ok, the time setting is what it currently is in the series. But, no direct interacting with our major characters is allowed, nor are you aloud to have them speak and issue orders.(Unless you pick Aes Sedai, or Asha'man, or Children of the Light, or in any army under some command). We are still working on the plot(Calaethis and I) but we'll have it soon. I'll be posting again on Tuesday. Have fun all [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lady Blue03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

***OOC - my char... hmm, a name a name.. ok, Ailurin (elfish dnd name I use occasionally - means "silver noble" if you must know [img]tongue.gif[/img] still, that’s kinda besides the point) - an Asha'man, warder to Ladisha.

Character info -
Ailurin is youngish, a guess would reveal his age to be from 17 to 20 - in truth only his Aes Sedai knows his age. The irrony is, he doesn't know hers, and thinks because of her agelessness - she's older then she actually is - if you look at Lb's post, you'll know that she's quite young... Ailurin is not old enough to have developed any "agelessness" and now Saidin is clean, he no longer has to live in fear of going mad...
He respects his Aes Sedai greatly, and lets her guide him - in most things. However, like all Asha'man/Aes Sedai bonds, she cannot compel him... so far this has not proved a problem...
He served under the H'mael - as a Asha'man, having progressed quickly though the ranks - he's fairly powerful, equal in all five powers; but not as strong as some of the other Asha'man who specialize in specific powers. Wounded during a battle, the only way to save him was to be bonded to an Aes Sedai...
Ladisha seeing an opportunity to gain a powerful warder, who in time, his powers could match her own, bonded him. He serves her faithfully; no-one from his former life knows he actually lives, assuming he perished. Ladisha wishes to keep it that way.

Appearance wise, he's tallish, just under 6', 5'98 to be precise; has raven/jet black hair; his skin is slightly tanned, but not overly so. His body structure is slender - as is his bone structure. He still has his Asha'man icons and clothing, but rarely displays the icons - save the gold and red dragon - this he has a twin two; unheard of in Asha'man ranks - he wears these on his collar, one either side. He also wears the Aes Sedai symbol - surrounded by a blue trim, on the centre of his collar, indicating his alliegence to the Aes Sedai and the blue Ajah...
He usually wears the standard Asha'man uniform with a few modifications - rather then display any silver - he has dragons sewn into the arms of his coat - black embroided dragons - so unless one was to look closely, they would not see them. Apart from that and the dragons on his collar, no-one would know his allegiance to the Dragon. He also has a black travelling cloak, which hides most of the uniform - and covers him down to his feet. He also has a black war-stallion, and he is becoming master with the blade - nowhere near as good as the Dragon, but well enough for his needs. He has no items of power, (angreal, tar'angreal (or however its spelt..)) and his only possesions are his sword, some money, his warhorse, clothes, basic travelling equipment (including waterskins) and whatever his Aes Sedai feels he needs.***

Sensing his Aes Sedai was a little peeved, Ailurin silently, with curiousity asked down the bond what was wrong. He asked if they'd be leaving again so soon after they arrived. He sighed knowing that it was useless unless she wanted him to know something, she wouldn't tell him, and only silence would greet his request for knowledge. He felt that she might do that now - or if she was busy, she ignored him altogether. He shrugged inwardly, sometimes she did that just to keep him, in what she considered, his place. It's not like he was ever rude to her. He chuckled aloud at the thought.

Several people glanced at this tall, black clad figure and made the sign against evil.

If he ever was rude to his Aes Sedai, he wouldn't be surprised if she tried to take a switch to him. After all, compared to her, he was barely a child, an infant. He shook his head with wry amusement, and headed to an inn. Arriving there, he ordered a dring - wine. He sipped it and made a face. 'Cheap wine, typical of an establisment like this - and when I'd asked for their best.'. he thought in disgust. Obviously they didn't trust him, even though he displayed no signs of being an Asha'man - not wise to do so, so close to the tower... even his Aes Sedai might not be able to protect him - 'no he thought best to stay out of sight and meet her later'.
"Barkeeper!" he said aloud "I asked for some decent wine - heres one gold piece, now go and fetch me your best, in case you hadn't heard me the last time." He was still disgusted at the half fear and half awe these idiots treated him with, he was only a warder after all, its not like they hadn't seen one before. But what they saw - he couldn't see - the grim light in his eyes, not dread nor fear, but a wariness, that produced an arua around the man. He appeared on edge - even for a warder, whos abilities were almost legendary...

[ 01-24-2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:33 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Little was known about Zendor Blacksmite, before him joining the ranks of the Asha'man, but he had a lively history after that He was promoted to the rank of Asha'man officer after his great victories in battles with the returning of the seanchan. He was now in command of a small company of new dedicated, just out of training, with 2 other senior Asha'man that had some battle experience Know as being especially deadly with his sword, he was not capable of channeling the largest amount of magical energy, but his quick wit and strong arm more than made up for it in the past. He was a very charismatic leader, and would probably have emerged as a false dragon, were these different times.

Just a little background, I will introduce more after we get a story line
Old 01-23-2003, 11:21 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

A little character info:
Name: F'sarg Drekmug
Trolloc Clan Leader

Big and nasty, he was able to climb the ranks to the Clan Leader. This boar-like half-breed towers over his brethren and is armed with a double-sided halberd--devastating up close, but the Leader can also throw it with amazing accuracy. This Trolloc Clan Leader is probably the quickest and most resilient of the Dark One's forces. Like all other trollocs he was constructed through selective crossbreeding of humans and boars, and serves the leader of the forsaken as a left-hand man. Above him only stands a Myrddraal, who is seated to the right of the Forsaken leader.

Heres a Picture

~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep in the brothels of the unseen wastelands, far from the magics of light and powers of everything good and descent lay a tiny world of imense power, building and preparing to make themselves noticed on the face of time by forever changing the ballances of the world...

In a deep cave shrouded in darkness a litteral army of all that wasn't human, banging fists against armor these damnations and bastard half-bred children shook with vigor and anticipation for their time to act as one mighty force and forever shroud the light in darkness...

Atop a massive pillar their commander arose, a large boar-man, and he was met with much applause and inhuman grunting.

"MY BRETHERING" he snorted, steam flaring from his flattened and peirced nostrills... "TODAYSSS Is a GRAAND dayss of Happenings!!" F'sarg ordered to those below him. "WE MAKES DEAD THE LIGHT! LIKE A CANDEL WITH THE DRIPPING SALIVA FROM A BAR'TUUK!" these flaring words were met with the sounds of metal clanging against the floor and roudy cheers, along with the squaking of bird liek abominations.

He raised a hand to shush the group again,

"TODAYSSS!!!" he paused for a moment to build the moment, they waited in slience for his announcement... "WE EAT WHITE-CLOTHED FLESH!" The large undergound group went mad again with applause, the Commander Descended from his pillar and began to ascent a long flight of spiraling stairs with his simple hooved feet, to speak to the only man seated above him...
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:42 AM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

***LOL@ Dk & RBF, hehe, erm, Red, your not pretending to be the "dark lord" are you? er, I mean "the great lord of the dark.." wait..thats THEIR name for them... hehe. btw, we're still figuring out BUT - we were planning to do some whitecloak thing anyway - perhaps we could all discuss this on AIM once LB returns?***
Old 01-24-2003, 08:17 AM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

"Come in my child" a dark voice beckoned from the corner.

The hoofed pif-man took a seat in a wooden chair. He grunted as he bent his knees to sit.

"welcome" he spoke in a high-pitched evil tone while rubbing a skull in his hands around the cranium.

"I Have many many plans for this massive army of your'se... I've been keeping the seers from peering into the far off lands, they can only speculate as to what may happen, the second you are 45 dunes out from our epicenter, they will see you, they will feel and know you, It will be only at that point when you will attack, cross the threshold and show no Mercy, I have already send in my finest Myrddraal to assasinate their highest leaders... but we all know that dead leaders don't win wars, only a massive army of all of the Trolloc of the land under the supervision or an experienced Trolloc Clan Leader such as yourself will even be nearly able to eliminate our problems from this deaded earth... I know you promised to attack the children of the light, and I want you to keep your troops thinking that... but in reality, I want you to attack the Amyrlin Seat, The Andoran Nobility... One in particular who'se kingdom runs far to the north, go to Tar Valon... and Bring with you waves of the UNIMAGINABLE only in my supreme and gifted mind could such poetry even BEGIN to be written... There are Aes Sedai who do not know this... but it is imperative to them too that the white cloaks and reining members of Tar Valon be destroyed, First I need you go attack the White cloaks with your massive army, after doing so I will signal the Myrddraal assasins to appear from the shadows and take down any nobility with their swords forged in the hell-pits of the wastelands to the rotting south, whose blades deal death long after they have cut flesh..."

"Yes SIRE!" The Commander snorted...

Good luck F'sarg, son of the beast Darmuk... Take with you the wise words of the dark one... I shall remain here and sheild you from the thoughts of the many seers, I have already instructed our allies not to fear any false seen messages from our army, Hopefully you will be successful... hopefully an army who is knowledged incorrectly will bring with them a false sense of safety to the pathetic denizence of the WHITE TOWER itself!!! and the White cloaks will never see you comming!"

his tounge ran smoothley over his drakonian lips like a serpant, he licked at them, his engorged mind ever busy with work, knowing this he ushered the Trolloc away to give the false orders to his false-honor bound troops.

MUWAAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WE GOES! *oink* TO THE EAST!!!" the Commander ordered his troops, pointing to the north with his haliberd, they followed the direction in which he pointed completley ignoring what directiont hey were really moving in, like a herd of animals 30 leagues wide and 80 men deep, they began to march slowly saving their strengthe for when the time for battle came.

[ 01-24-2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ladisha rumaged through her chest and settled to picking out a dress of dark blue silk lines embroidered with white roses around the bodice. Things had happened so fast these past weeks. She had gained a Warder, an Asha'man. No others must know of him, but then...she straightened, and frowned in thought. Saidin was clean, the men who channeled had no more fear of the taint. What then, was the point of the Red Ajah to remain? Interesting...she should bring this up sometime soon, but not now. She could sense her Gaidin. He was growing impatient. Such an impetuous youth! Shaking her head with a small smile, she quickly pulled off her old dress and slipped on her new one, swinging her lynx lined blue cloak before she started out the door.

She was near to the exit of the grounds, when a woman bumped into her. Drawing herself up indignantly, she managed to choke back her sharp rebuke when she realized the woman was Falorin, head of the Blue Ajah, and by the look on her face, she had something to say. Holding her head up, she smoothed the irritation from her face and set herself to take whatever meaningless task Falorin had for her next.

ooc-i have 3 mins guys. I'll continue the discussion tomorrow. Late [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2003, 06:05 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Feeling his Aes Sedai's amusement, Ailurin snorted. Typical. She still thought of him as a child, he was willing to bet. He sighed and downed his wine, this was still not as good as it could have been. Irrated, he called for another. He sent another mental thought to his Aes Sedai, simply asking her if she'd be much longer - he was especially edgy here. He hated Tor Valon.* His thoughts were constantly of the Red Ajah. He shuddered inwardly, outwardly, his eyes grew as cold as death, and the other tavern patrons, those still sober slipped away quietly. Ailurin considered downing the other glass of wine, but decided that his Aes Sedai would not be amused. If she found him even paritally none-sober, she'd have his hide. She was like that sometimes he decided. Not that he was a big drinker anyway, and two glasses wouldn't do anything... but still. He awaited his Aes Sedai to reply...

***edit - *Tar Valon - or is it Tor Valon ? I can never remember...? ***

[ 01-27-2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 01-28-2003, 01:02 PM   #9
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

OOC: This should make for some good reading!! Good for you, Lady Blue03!! I'm glad to see a WOT roleplaying thread.

Sorry about the interuption, just had to comment.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:47 PM   #10
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

ooc-heh, thx Hiram, I hope it is a successful RP [img]smile.gif[/img]
Calth, it's Tar Valon. I think someone needs to refresh his memory and read the books again [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"Ah, I see you've returned from Far Madding, Ladisha. I trust everything went well?" Falorin made a small smile and her sharp green eyes hinted that she knew she had failed. She tossed her long blonde waves over her shoulder and continued, "I know those Council biddies can be a problem,"

Ladisha returned her smile, "Oh you know, the same. When I am sent into a place where I can't channel, they're all too willing to listen to me," her own irritation topped with Ailurin's brought a scowl to her face, "Now I know you would not stop me on my way out to discuss my latest failure. What do you want of me?"

Falorin considered her a moment. Ladisha was stronger than her in the power by a significant margine. Unfortunatley this woman had been head of the Blues since she was an Accepted.

"There is a small degree of White Cloaks camped approximatley 20 leagues south of Tar Valon, in a small town. Eyes-and-ears tell me that they're scowering for the 'Tar Valon witches'," her lips curled distastfuly and she shook herself, "You are to go down there and eradicate them from the town. Send them packing," she lifted up a finger as Ladisha opened her mouth to protest, "I know you just returned from Far Madding, but this is most important. Change your dress and go now," with that being said, Falorin nodded and walked away, leaving Ladisha with her mouth hanging open. Growling to herself, she stalked back up to her apartments, losing her carefuly picked dress to some narrow divided silver riding skirts with blue scrolling working its way from the hem to her knees, and matching silver riding gloves. Before leaving this time, she gathered a pouch of money and extra things that would be needed for the 20 league haul. Gathering her cloak close around herself and pulling up the hood so that it effectivly hid her face, she started down and out into the Tower grounds. The night sky was obscured by angry looking clouds, and she would eat her Great Serpent ring if it didn't start to snow within the hour. Still grumbling, she fetched her tall blue roan mare, Sky, from the stables and saddled her quickly. The horse frisked about and she brought her under control with a slight tug on the reins and some soothing words. Focusing on her bond, she followed the sense of Ailurin to a small tavern. Wasting no time, she hopped off Sky and stepped into the blazing warmth of the tavern. People looked up curiously and quickly bent their heads again when they saw her ageless face framed by her lynx-lined cowl. She gestured to her Warder,
"Come, we have work to do,"