Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 02:24 AM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I thought this was pretty, and that some of you might like it, if you don't please do not insult me

"When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being. When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils. But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man because your nostrils are too delicate. I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you.

Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity. From one bone I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man's life. I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him, as you are meant to do. Around this one bone I shaped you. I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully.

Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile. You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart. His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life.

The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart. Support man as the rib cage supports the body. You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side.

You are my perfect angel, my beautiful little girl. You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill when I see the virtues in your heart. Your eyes are beautiful. Your lips, how lovely when they part in prayer. Your nose, so perfect in form, your hands so gentle to touch. I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep; I've held your heart close to mine. Of all that lives and breathes, you are the most like me. Adam walked with me in the cool of the day and yet he was lonely. He could not see me or touch me. He could only feel me. So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you: my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love, my protection and support.

You are special because you are the extension of me. Man represents my image - Woman, my emotions. Together, you represent the totality of God.

So man, treat woman well. Love her, respect her, for she is fragile. In hurting her, you hurt me. What you do to her, you do to me. In hurting her, you only damage your own heart, the heart of your Father, and the heart of her Father.

Woman, support man. In humility, show him the power of emotion I have given you. In gentle quietness show your strength. In love, show him that you are the rib that protects his inner self."

Did you know that WOMAN was so special in God's eyes?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:34 AM   #2
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

that was pretty indeed stormy i cant see why someone would insult you beacuse of it...?
Old 05-14-2003, 09:25 AM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Stormy's just paranoid now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That's not from the Bible AFAIK so why is it God's message? It sounds very nice but if it's not from the Bible it's not God's message...
However, of course woman is special to Him, men and women are equally special which was unfortunately misinterpreted or just ignored for hundred of years in Europe and elsewhere.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great. Any time I'm attacked, any woman can feel free to jump in and hold off my enemy until I'm far enough out of harm's way [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 12:08 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

This was uhmm...sweet.

*Takes notes* ( This might come in handy when I´m trying to impress women [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] )
Old 05-14-2003, 01:12 PM   #6
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

WOW! I love it! Its a nice possibility...very good, I'll say again, very nice! I enjoyed reading that, thank you very much Stormy! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 02:27 PM   #7
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

Slicer15 are you a girl?