Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 11:51 AM   #1
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Ok, who else is immensly frustrated with the combat? I AM! The prince moves too slow, when putting away your weapons and trying to locate a safe spot, the enemies already release a devastating combo on your a$$ before you can even get away. They teleport constantly and when you try to absorb a down enemy, some other clown kicks you in the rear which causes the former enemy to regenerate! And their are always 3-4 goons surrounding you. This game is wonderful, but the combat is really taking out the fun for me.

Maybe some of you have already some strategies on dealing with the enemies? I'd like to hear them.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:18 AM   #2
Darkman

I agree that the fighting in Prince of Persia was not as much fun as exploring and solving puzzles. Some of the fights were rather tedious, but none of them were too hard in my opinion, since there were usually rejuvinating fountains or pools nearby. But I was playing the PS2 version of the game so maybe my experience was different...

Anyway, my general fighting strategies consisted of going after the strongest enemies first, assuming you are fighting the typical 3 or 4 enemy respawn bout. I tried not to kill the guys who had weak attacks until the end of the battle since if I killed a weak opponent then a harder one might randomly spawn in its place. The last thing I wanted was to be attacked by 3-4 hard hitters at once. This method allowed me to face only 1-2 tough guys at a time, and the other 1-3 enemies didn't hurt me much since there were either not as aggressive or damaging. Also, a good move is to jump over an enemy to get out of range or the other guys before you finish the one off. If he's already downed and his buddies are closing in, then either stab quickly and get ready to dodge out of there, or circle around his body first and stab.

One other little bit of strategy is to keep the enemy at a safe distance from but not too far away. When they are somewhat close they will try to walk to you often getting in each other's way, but if you outdistance them too much then they will teleport right next to you.

Well let me know if you have any more questions. I enjoyed Prince of Persia enough to finish it (the ending is pretty cool [img]smile.gif[/img] ), so I recommend you not let the tedious fights ruin the rest of the game for you.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Naah, I cant sleep right if I dont finish the game [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for tactics, I noticed how effective the jumpover can be. Hell, I find the fights to be much less difficult this way. For some odd reason Im also able to finish them off (dagger-stab) without the others harassing me. The jump off wall is also wickedly powerful.

And as for the respawn, as soon as I figured out they were totally new enemies, I felt more OK about it. I thought that they respawned because I didnt finish them off properly, so that why I was pissed. But now things are looking up again, going through the levels a little more easier now.