Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 04:51 AM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

anyone know if an alchemist can make magic nectar? it's so hard for us to find and my bishops chug it down like it was water. i sure would love to be able to make it for them.

poor girls. they can't afford to keep pooping out halfway thru a battle.

thanks!

V***V
Old 01-27-2002, 05:18 AM   #2
KraGorn
The Magister

'Fraid not, least not in any list I've seen. This is the biggest problem I've found running a 4-caster party, especially now we're in Bayjin and resting just creates vast numbers of re-spawned crabs and Reyjin

BTW, see Proboards is royally SNAFU The put Wiz8 back on proboards.com from proboards4.com which is why we lost 1000 posts and now it's completely unusable [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: KraGorn ]

Old 01-27-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

i was able to get on very quickly for a bit and speak with judee and knip (who's back! yay!) and after that, i couldn't. i thot it was me!

that's horrible news tho. i could deal with losing the posts, but not being able to sign on and commiserate with everyone is the bad part.

and boohoo for the no magic nectar recipe. i was hoping that even by combining some of the high grade drinks i could make something.

the Magickal Mistresses haven't had a problem yet, but they aren't too far in yet, just finishing up the umpani/trang quests.

the new SuperGirls are just on their way to marten's bluff, but boy o boy!! the 2 bishops really go thru the mana! i thot we were gonna be bug food up in the rattkin tree, after doing in the breeders. it was very hard getting them out of there without being able to freely cast. had to be very stingy and we don't like that.

guess i'm gonna haveta rethink bishop strategy here. i really like the group a LOT and don't want to have to set them aside because of my dumb design flaws. lol! we will see! i am determined to finish with this group!

V***V
Old 01-27-2002, 06:53 AM   #4
KraGorn
The Magister

I'm now harvesting them from Braffit, not sure if anyone else sells them.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:15 AM   #5
Runiel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:

poor girls. they can't afford to keep pooping out halfway thru a battle.

Nope, alchemists can't mix Magic Nectars or at least no one has found out a way yet.

What I ended up doing with my groups was to rely on Mana Stones for general use and stock up on Magic Nectar. Mana Stones have the same effect but have charges instead. So I use them (until they're down to 1 charge) and then recharge them by selling them to a shopkeeper and then buying it back right away. Kind of tedious, but the only way to really keep a big supply of Magic Nectar for the big battles. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Runiel
Runiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #6
Runiel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by KraGorn:
I'm now harvesting them from Braffit, not sure if anyone else sells them.

You can also get them from He'Li, Fuzzfas, Crock (if still alive...), Sadok, Ferro and sometimes Bela. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Runiel
Old 01-27-2002, 11:25 AM   #7
Runiel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
[QB]
BTW, see Proboards is royally SNAFU The put Wiz8 back on proboards.com from proboards4.com which is why we lost 1000 posts and now it's completely unusable [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

QB]

So that's the story! I've been trying to log on for days but only get to a blank page. That's really sucky, first the surprise "upgrade" and then a surprise "move"!

Runiel
Old 01-27-2002, 11:57 AM   #8
jersey_
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:

Gee, I thought maybe it was just me. Got a chance to chat about the missing posts and now all I get is the header. The links are still active but I can't see them and they don't work when clicked. I hope Merkin can get it all fixed soon. I am already going through Dominus Digest withdrawl. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #9
KraGorn
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Runiel:

You can also get them from He'Li, Fuzzfas, Crock (if still alive...), Sadok, Ferro and sometimes Bela. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Runiel

Well I did say I wasn't sure [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #10
Krydeph
Welcomed New User

If you have portal spell on your casters, you can set a portal next to the +5 fountain in Trynton. Clicking on the fountain will regenerate all the mana you need. However, it's random since continuously doing so will get your characters hexed. No problem. Just use the caster's remove curse (also the best way to raise the divinity skills). Ever since I got the portal for my bishop, mage, samurai, and ranger, I have never used a single mana stone or nectar. So far I have amassed over 30 nectar and quite a few mana stones and they are all stored in Heli's collecting dust. Also I have never had to rest a single hour, except to regenerate enemies for fights and leveling.

Actually, the best way to raise magic skills is to continously use your high level spells. So instead of standing there casting spells over and over (boring), you can go to the swamp or any place you like (set portals), pick your fights, use up all your mana, portal back to the fountain, and recharge. Nice, clean, and much more fun. Also watch your air skills skyrocket with all the portaling.
Krydeph is offline   Reply With Quote