Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 06:33 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
When I'm done with chapter one and go into chapter two, I can't go back to Neverwinter for a while, is that right? When will I get to go back to Neverwinter?

Also, in blacklake, there's a house with a little girl outside with a bookcase that you speak to - how do you open the door that 'doesn't look like it has been opened for ages' downstairs? And why is the door to upstairs in their house barred - how do I get up there?

Where is Captain Thurin (guy you talk to in blacklake regarding rescue of Samuel)? I lost him

Also with Sharwyn, I didn't get her until I was level 6 or so, and we only got to talk a bit because I'm still level 7, so she didn't finish her story. Is that it now; we can't continue with it in chapter 2?

Finally, I did the docks bit, got the cockatrice feather, but no sign of the actual cockatrice. Where is it? I wanted to kill it

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 07:05 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
When I'm done with chapter one and go into chapter two, I can't go back to Neverwinter for a while, is that right? When will I get to go back to Neverwinter? Not until Chapter 4. And REMEMBER, if you didn't begin the henchman quests (they all got one) in Chapter 1, you will never be able to continue them later. Lots of us got screwed on that one!

Also, in blacklake, there's a house with a little girl outside with a bookcase that you speak to - how do you open the door that 'doesn't look like it has been opened for ages' downstairs? And why is the door to upstairs in their house barred - how do I get up there? That's another excavation site, you need to put an artifact from one of the other excavation sites in the chest (arrow) to get inside, and get ready for a sword fight

Where is Captain Thurin (guy you talk to in blacklake regarding rescue of Samuel)? I lost him He's in the Board Laid Bare Tavern

Also with Sharwyn, I didn't get her until I was level 6 or so, and we only got to talk a bit because I'm still level 7, so she didn't finish her story. Is that it now; we can't continue with it in chapter 2? I never used Sharwyn, but as long as you did the first part of her quest (getting the Celestial Elixer), that's it and it will continue in Chapter 2

Finally, I did the docks bit, got the cockatrice feather, but no sign of the actual cockatrice. Where is it? I wanted to kill it Beats me, I just grabbed the feather, don't remember seeing any cockatrice

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

About the cockatrice. The man (forgot his name) said that he found a dog carrying it in its mouth and that he saved what was left of it. So the cockatrice was killed by a dog, I guess, and the captain just took what was left. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 07:32 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

SPOILERS INCLUDED:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
When I'm done with chapter one and go into chapter two, I can't go back to Neverwinter for a while, is that right? When will I get to go back to Neverwinter?
Not for a long time. Talk to everyone in Neverwinter! Many of the "named" characters have quests, though you may need to persuade some of them to give you the quest (you can try over and over again, even in the same conversation, until you succeed). You would be surprised at how many "stashed" quests I found there (I think I was level 8 when I left, so you are probably missing some of the quests). In fact, I know from your other questions that you are missing the tomb quest; look below.

Quote:
Also, in blacklake, there's a house with a little girl outside with a bookcase that you speak to - how do you open the door that 'doesn't look like it has been opened for ages' downstairs? And why is the door to upstairs in their house barred - how do I get up there?
Talk to Oleff in the Temple of Tyr where Aribeth is (he's in a side room, so make sure you check around the temple). This is the cleric quest, so make sure you persuade him to give you the quest if you are not a cleric. He'll send you to a tomb in the Peninsula district (unmarked on your map, so look around). There you will find out there are tombs in the other 3 district, and the items you get at the first tomb allow you to open the other 3. The door of which you are speaking is the tomb in the Blacklake district (the Beggar's Nest one is in the graveyard and the Docks one is in the aqueducts). Beware the fight behind the door that you are speaking of; it is NASTY!

Quote:
Also with Sharwyn, I didn't get her until I was level 6 or so, and we only got to talk a bit because I'm still level 7, so she didn't finish her story. Is that it now; we can't continue with it in chapter 2?
While you are looking around for new quests in Neverwinter and getting some more quests, find the Celestial Elixir. When you gain one more level (I think) she should tell you about the Celestial Elixir. Give it to her and the first quest is completed. If you don't do the first quest, she won't give you any more (sucks royally).

Quote:
Finally, I did the docks bit, got the cockatrice feather, but no sign of the actual cockatrice. Where is it? I wanted to kill it
The head of the Bloodsailors, if you talk to him, tells you that he found the cockatrice's dead corpse being carried by a dog (how it didn't get petrified is anybody's guess!). Thus, all he has is the feather. Sorry, no cockatrice to fight! I was looking forward to it, too...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote