Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I am forming an Ironworks chapter of NUIS (National Useless Information Society). If you would care to become a member of NUIS all you need to do is post a bit of useless information on this thread.

ex. During the early 1930's the Heinz Co. made a spaghetti product where the pasta was in the shape of swastikas.

ex.2 Cat urine will glow in the dark when exposed to a black light.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Aligators cant stick out there tounge.
Elephants can swim
Rhinos are the only animal that cant jump.
The hottest tempture ever recorded in America was 120 F in Death Valley.
Hamburgers were invented in Seymore WI.
Those are all I have for now.

[ 03-20-2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-20-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

A bear has 32 teeth.
Rats can't vomit.
A B-52 bomber once crashed into the Empire State Building.
Once, a chicken had its head cut off and lived for a further 18 mos. On a related note, Tyson recently invented the genetically-modified headless chicken.
A rape is reported every six minutes in the United States.

This thread is a bit of a waste of time. Go here.

[ 03-20-2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 03-20-2003, 09:20 PM   #4
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
A bear has 32 teeth.
Rats can't vomit.
A B-52 bomber once crashed into the Empire State Building.
Once, a chicken had its head cut off and lived for a further 18 mos. On a related note, Tyson recently invented the genetically-modified headless chicken.
A rape is reported every six minutes in the United States.

This thread is a bit of a waste of time. Go here.
Close but no Panatella. It was a B-25 twin engined bommer that crashed into the Empire state building. In the late 40's or very early 50's.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 03-20-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

This thread is a bit of a waste of time.
I agree. I have one question though, can you tell me of any other club or society that has cheaper dues (useless information) or a more open inclusion policy (everybody knows something useless)?

Besides, it's my society and I get to be president!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:06 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

You can never have too much useless trivia, because trivia is neither trivial nor useless. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

The earliest recorded and widely-known UFO sightings in America happened during 1896 and 1897. The sightings began in Sacramento (where hundreds saw lights in the sky) and moved all over California; the sightings worked their way east across the country. At one point it even dropped letters, including one written in cipher to Thomas Edison.

Every element with an atomic number higher than that of iron originally came from a supernova.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:28 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Quote:

This thread is a bit of a waste of time.
I agree. I have one question though, can you tell me of any other club or society that has cheaper dues (useless information) or a more open inclusion policy (everybody knows something useless)?

Besides, it's my society and I get to be president!
[/QUOTE]No offense, mate. I was using that sentence as an intro for the link I had more than I was levelling a charge at you.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:34 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

Looks like I'll have to start an INTERnational UIS one day if I want a part of the action [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Although of course useless information shouldn't be the exclusive right of societies like these, especially when many bits of UI are blatantly taken from useless information websites which are not owned by the NUIS nor any related organistations.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:07 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There are 330 dimples on a "standard" golf ball.

The speed at which still pictures appear to move is 22 frames per second. At that speed, the eye converts multiple pictures into a moving image. With anything slower, your eye can distinguish individual frames (usually as a flicker).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #10
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Looks like I'll have to start an INTERnational UIS one day if I want a part of the action [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Although of course useless information shouldn't be the exclusive right of societies like these, especially when many bits of UI are blatantly taken from useless information websites which are not owned by the NUIS nor any related organistations.
Don't worry Legolas. It is national in the sense of "the nation of humanity". That is correct, this organization discriminates against nonhumans. If that mythical monkey at the keyboard ever comes up with a coherent post then he still can't join. I also don't believe that Choc is actually posting here. I think it is really Ziroc doing all the typing.