Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 04:57 AM   #51
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Actually Bahamut I said snapshot.... not slapshot. A snapshot is somewhat akin to a wrister but more difficult to perform.

All hail Al McInnis ruler of the slapshot. Too bad Al Aifrate retired. he has a wicked one too.

How would ya like to have a puck coming at your head doing 105 mph???? bad thought huh????

Blakes contract is coming to an end thats why LA traded him. He will be an unrestricted free-agent at seasons end. What i was speaking of when i asaid Hull for Jagr I meant in the way that the stars wopuldnt want Hull anymore if they could get Jagr. So Pittsburg might be interested in Hull (half of Jagrs salery)

Sakic isnt going anywhere. Neither will Roy. Hedjuk and Drury are awesome for such young players but they arent going anywhere unless the Avs can get some really good players in return. Both of those guys will be the team leaders of the future when Sakic and Forsberg retire. which wont be for a looooong while yet. Look for the Avs to remain one of the dominant teams in the league for the next five years or so.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2001, 05:16 AM   #52
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

ahh okay!

just in case the stars acquire jagr, the thing i can see is hull and niewendiyk or modano. but modanos the captain right? so maybe not

as for the devils, i agree, though i just focus on my fav team.. but i do agree sykora, elias arnott and gomez are reall getting into it.. and they are murderers on the ice!

as for Roy.... ROY-HOOOO!!!!! wehehehe

ahh... about the snapshot, is joe sakic really the quickest?

anyways, what clorado doesnt like about sakic is his demand of a no-trade clause contract. well if they agree with that, practically joe sakic has a secure place and can mess up his years there.. but toward the end of course... in other words, sure money, but not the quality.

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-02-2001, 06:00 AM   #53
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Sakic has one of the best wristers in the league. I think hes a little over rated. i think Joe Neiuwendyk has just as good a wrister.... ask Patrick Roy who got burned by Joey in last years confenence finals (twice in one game even) and i think 5 times in all in the series. but joey also had like 10 assists in that series as well.....

Jagr has a great wrister too.... very underrated because of his skating and other skills.

Derian Hatcher is the Stars captain not Modano. Though it seems Mo plays better when he wears the C.... maybe its time for them to switch....????

I think the free-ageent market is going to be smoking hot this year.... cant wait to see who signs who.

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 01:56 PM   #54
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well, you got that one right.

i think forsberg has better hand than hejduk though...

anyways, is modano a free agent? and i think they should go switch cap'ns... hehe

and is jagr really the best? if sakic scored over new jersey, shouldnt he scored more???

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-02-2001, 02:04 PM   #55
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I think Jagr the best, even if he did get murdered on home ice, people have there bad days. Plus his hair is cool ...er,i think he cut it didnt he?
Old 06-02-2001, 11:37 PM   #56
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Just watched game 4,,WOOOOHOOO!!!!

Gotta love Sykora and Elias!! Man they make a good team,and there friends off the ice too! What a great game,Roy made some great saves as did Bouder. Roy also made some stupid mistakes too. Now if only they can do the same in Colorado
Old 06-03-2001, 01:07 AM   #57
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

right on ranger.

anyways,

NJ 3

COL 2

series tied 2-2. series go back to colorado

stupid roy! heehee

------------------

Old 06-03-2001, 06:32 AM   #58
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I think Modano has 4 years left on his contract. He wants to play for the Stars his entire career. most likely it will happen.

I think when the Devils won the cup in 94?? the year after the Rangers did, Sykora and Elias were 4th line players. I could tell by watching them that they were going to bloom into fantastic and feisty players. so another of my predictions has com true

Forsberg definitely is the better between him and Hedjuk. but keep an eye on Hedjuk... hes really good and hes not even finished developing. He will be one of the key attractions in the NHL in years to come.

Before Mario Lemeuix retired Forsberg was considered to be the beest player in the world in or out of the NHL next to Mario. well theres no argueing that Mario is by far thebest player alive today.

Pittsburgs problem is one that alot of teams suffer from. its called "NO DEEFENSE". If they can reduce saleries by losing (unfortunately) big name players like Jagr and/or Straka and/or Kovalev that would free up a lot of money that they could sign a couple of really good defenseman. they need D badly. Obviously the one they have isnt going to win the Cup.

Jagr and Sakic tied for the league lead in points. Sakic is on the better team. So that mans that Jagr had to carry his team on his shoulders.

BTW Sakic is the only player that has even come close to leading the league in points, since Mario retired, besides Jagr. Jagr has basicly done it by himself for the last few years. That should tell you how great Jaromir really is since hes been forced to play with extremely average players while Sakic and Forsberg have had great teammates to support them.

Im not trying to take anything away from Sakic and Forsberg. Jagr doesnt have a team around him. NO defense and only 2 other guys on the team that are considered real scoring threats (excluding Mario) Everyone else are scrappers and checkers and if they score a goal then thats great. but it also usually means that Jagr already has 3 to 5 points in the game. so its Pitt 6 to 5 against whoever. Pitt doesnt have the D to shut too many teams out. I think youre getting the drift of what Im trying to say.

Wouldnt mind seeing Sakic or Forsberg in black and green.

------------------
Old 06-03-2001, 10:40 AM   #59
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

you have a point. the reason why sakic and forsberg anre slugging it out is coz they have confidence in their teamates.. maybe jagr got sick and tired of pitts.... heehee

btw, sakic and forsberg are better with white and red!

and isnt lindros the best? oh well, hes stupid and is a softee... so jagr replaced.

------------------

Old 06-03-2001, 12:47 PM   #60
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

The NHL truely dose have some great players.

But we are leaving out one of the best!

Ray Borque,even if he isnt the best at somthing in particlar,all his ice time has to equal for somthing