Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 06:26 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Is John Edwards for real or is just ripping off people who are vulnerable? He has a TV show in the morning called "Crossing Over" and has written several books about psychic powers and reaching the deceased.

I find it hard to believe that he's for real and I can't help but think he is duping people on a very large scale.

Here is a link: http://www.johnedward.net/

Mark
Old 08-02-2002, 06:45 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Is John Edwards for real or is just ripping off people who are vulnerable? He has a TV show in the morning called "Crossing Over" and has written several books about psychic powers and reaching the deceased.

I find it hard to believe that he's for real and I can't help but think he is duping people on a very large scale.

Here is a link: http://www.johnedward.net/

Mark
This guy is on the TV in Britain as well. Very clever but that's all.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-02-2002, 07:13 AM   #3
PeaceMaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I dont know the fellow myself....never heard of him... I also dont believe in the crossing over either, I believe you die and thats it. I know programs show strange photo's with spirit looking objects in the background, but even then I find it hard to believe where people go, or they are just stuck in this world until they have finished doing what it is they do before they go elsewhere....Perhaps one day I will find out.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:22 AM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I've watched him a few times, and I'll tell ya, I think he's another one full of hooey!

Even IF he is truly 'psychic', i.e. telepathic and can read minds - that's all he's doing. Picking details out of people's own memories. And I don't know if even that is true of this guy. But I do NOT believe he 'speaks to the dead'. He's playing off the grief of others and that makes him reprehensible.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.