Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 10:00 PM   #31
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
I never said Buddha WAS a god, I said that the Buddists WORSHIP him AS God, Buddha WAS a manifestation of God and not a god himself. Im sorry if there was any missunderstanding.

Buddha is not really on person you know they been quite a few buddhas. They are not worshiped as gods and to make it clear to worship something as a god means that thing is a GOD!
Oh and Buddha is not a manifestation of God (with a capital). He was a man who achived enlightent and asented beyond the mortal need.
To claim that the the characters of another religion are just extment of your or is just so........I can't find the word so say just how it make me feel the only thing that spring to mind is a deep mouning shout of Urgisjuytnb!
[/QUOTE]O..... K....... Er... All I was saying is that all the religions I meantioned stem from the same God, not just MY God but everyones. My religion has just been created by his most recent Manifestation. Also just because Buddha didnt claim to be sent by God or a Prophet or Manifestation doesnt mean he wasnt.
Just bacause one religion has a God with 6 or so arms or a fat man doesnt mean they arent mentioning God. I have a simple and (hopefully) non-contraversial name for god; Creation! THERE! I will call God Creation just to make people think im not refering to only to the arrogance or Christianity in thinking that if anyone mentions God they must be refering to Christianity because there is no way other religions could have the same God as us! (In case you didnt notice that last sentence was dripping in sarcasm)
Old 11-09-2002, 10:05 PM   #32
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
quote:
Mant people think he was just a guy who wanted answers but 2 Manifestations of God have called him a Prophet so im inclined to believe them instead of normal humans.
Sorry that like saying to a Cristain that because the Mulisum religion said so Jesus is not the son of god.

You can not impose the thought of one religion upon another it just insulting to the member of that religion.
[/QUOTE]Jesus was not in a way the son of Creation. he was a Prophet like all the others. he may have referd to himself as the Son because that may have been the best way to explain it at the time. Each of the religious teachings given by each of the Manifestations was ment for that time, to solve the troubles of that time. That is why there is so much of a gap and differences in all the religious teachings.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:08 PM   #33
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Mant people think he was just a guy who wanted answers but 2 Manifestations of God have called him a Prophet so im inclined to believe them instead of normal humans.
Sorry that like saying to a Cristain that because the Mulisum religion said so Jesus is not the son of god.

You can not impose the thought of one religion upon another it just insulting to the member of that religion.
[/QUOTE]Jesus was not in a way the son of Creation. he was a Prophet like all the others. he may have referd to himself as the Son because that may have been the best way to explain it at the time. Each of the religious teachings given by each of the Manifestations was ment for that time, to solve the troubles of that time. That is why there is so much of a gap and differences in all the religious teachings.
[/QUOTE]Actually, I don't know about that. After all, Mary *was* a virgin.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:08 PM   #34
MagiK

Quote:
MY God but everyones. My religion has just been created by his most recent Manifestation. Also just because Buddha didnt claim to be sent by God or a

I would htink that the people who are multi-theistic might have a bit to say about this.

Old 11-09-2002, 10:11 PM   #35
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
MY God but everyones. My religion has just been created by his most recent Manifestation. Also just because Buddha didnt claim to be sent by God or a

I would htink that the people who are multi-theistic might have a bit to say about this.

[/QUOTE]... I see your point.... I appologise for that. Lets say He is the God of any who care to recognise him as such (Not that you have to!)
Old 11-09-2002, 10:11 PM   #36
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

24 years ago a very good friend of mine went to the top of a mountain 90 some miles west of Xigase Tibet and spent almost 16 months with some guru that was something like 125 years old. anyway in his studies with this old man he learned that the Holy Bible had been altered by the prests in the Dark ages. He told him that the times in the bible that now were written as hundreds of years were really hundreds of thousands of years and that the prests of the times were unable to comprehend that many years because they did not understand anything about time, math or anything else other than what was verbaly relayed to them by others from their Church
The main reason being that most could not read but were good at art and the ability to copy the symbols from manuscripts and pages of books of which many were from the Holy Bible. well should they miss a zero here and there never seemed to mean anything more than just a minor variation in the art work so after a few hundred years of mystakes going by unnoticed and modern priests in the years just after the birth of Christ rewriting the Bible never would believe that what was written was wrong left the Bible the way it is.
This could maybe explain why bone hunters have found the bones of man that date back 750,000 years. But who really knows? only the Dead know for sure and until then I'm not going to let it bother me one way or the other. Try to remember that the Holy Bible was written by man and the only thing god ever wrote was the 10 Commandments and thats the only truth. Or is it?
Old 11-09-2002, 10:17 PM   #37
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
I am not going to do this anymore. You right you alway right everything you say, do or think is the embodiement of all that right. I bow to you and your rightness.
All hail you overlord of right, holder of the supreme rightness, ruler of all that right
Hail!!!
Hail!!!
Hail!!!
I never said I was right I only typed what I have learnt and what I believe. Is it wrong to put in my opinion about something that you have put your opinion on on something I had previously said? (If that makes sence) In other words; I have said something, you say something about what I just said, I then reply to what you said about what I said. If it seems to you that I'm saying your wrong then im not trying to, im sorry if I have but if you look in all of my posts you will not see the word wrong being used in such a context.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:24 PM   #38
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

TheCrimsomBlade: HAHA! Well done! the bible is in fact a giant book of metaphors (that may be a bit presumptuous of me but everyone already disagrees with me anyway so why bother fighting it?) and those metaphors could have been messed around with, words replaced to be more "simple" but in fact cause GIANT problems in the future when people take the book as actual occurances while many of the things in it are metaphors.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:25 PM   #39
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Dagorion My post was one of pure sarcasm and I'm sorry I should never of posted when angry. sorry to any it may offended.

MagiK, Thank you so seem to get what I was trying to say across better then I was.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:26 PM   #40
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The bibles a novel