Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2000, 05:29 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

I have a bunch of questions of a quite wide variety but I thought I'd bunch them all together so I don't spam the board. Ok, here goes...

1) Reputation. Is it possible to be too heroic? So far I've only had good experiences with high reputation, but I read in the manual that if you are an evil character and doesn't play according to your char (being evil, I suppose that is) you will get penalties.

2) Kensai. According to the description in the Character Creation, Kensai's are masters at blades. Is this just a figure of speach meaning "master in close combat", or are they actually better with swords than with other weapons? Mine is using the flail of ages atm and I think he's doing fine, but it would be nice to know exactly what the Kensai's abilities are.

3) Is there a complete list of codes for items to load in with the Debug Mode thingy somewhere? Not that I like cheating but it would be fun to check out some items.

4) Strongholds. If you are a fighter you can become the ruler of Nalia's keep, and if you are a druid I suppose you can get the druid grove. Do all classes get something like this? If so, are all as good? The Keep is great and provides quests further on in the game - does the other Strongholds do this as well? I tend to pick fighters as main chars for some reason so I havn't found out 'bout the others yet.

Hrm... I guess that's it for now, lest answers become too long. Feel free to just answer one or a few questions if you don't feel like writing too long.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2000, 05:41 AM   #2
Shaene

1: Well for an Evil Character its (in my opinion) just not fitting to be too heroic. Since I don`t really play the Evil Party now, I don`t know if it brings any bad things with it. But you notice that for example Jaheira complains (I hope this is not a thing to come, we must strive to maintain balance ...) if you are too heroic ...

2: Far as I know it doesn`T matter with which weapon you build your kensai ... haven`t played one though yet

3. I think there should be a list on Ironworks

4. Yep every class gets his Stronghold. The Thief gets his own Guild, The Bard receives the Playhouse, Mage gets the Planar Sphere and so on ...
The Thief stronghold makes some money, but for the moment I have only received one quest from it ...

Old 11-28-2000, 05:42 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for being considerate

1. If your rep goes above 19 your evil NPCs will break.
2. Kensai don't get advantages using a sword over other weapons. They achieve equal mastery with whatever weapon they specialize in ie flail, mace, etc.
3. Click here to download Shadowkeeper which has the most comprehensive list I know (it includes keys, miscellaneous items etc) short of using Infinity Explorer.
4. Click here to know more about each class stronghold. Warning: this may contain spoilers about strongholds.