Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #61
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I was thinking that I might get an mp3 player, but I'm pretty sure I won't buy one until I have over 15 GB of music...and that's a long way off.

Counting all of it, I still don't have 5 GB, and I don't want to buy an IPOD nano, because their storage is too expensive...

In keeping with the time-honored tradition of the roleplayers on this board, I find it necessary to announce that I met a female who actually seems interested in me...and shares many of my dorkier pursuits.

Whoohoo for me

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #62
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Lol congrats on the find Ilander! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Disappointing day at the football today. Middlesbrough versus Sunderland, North East Derby - appalling is probably the only way to describe it. If they don't start to perform week in week out Boro won't be looking at a top 6 place.

Sunderland won 2-0, their first win in 27 Premiership games, and typical it was against us!

Not a happy bunny, to say the least - plus I have a load of coursework to catch up on. Staying off school is good at the time, but when you get back it's a nightmare!
Old 09-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #63
Melcheor
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
Damn you Sir G, I have to wait *months* for mine *mutters*.

On a happier-iPod-related-note, I sent my iPod back (again) to be fixed. Hopefully it'll come before October 6th as I go to France with school on the 7th and I need my music!
That's a happier note? You must love your iPod...

Oh, and not only will you have to wait, but you will pay 24% more for a 2GB and 28% more for a 4GB. Life is just unfair isn't it?
Melcheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #64
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well happier note than waiting months for a portable device to listen to music, so I have something to listen to on the long bus drive to France (and ferry), yeah I kind of like my iPod.

And I will have to wait, but it's my parents that will play 28% more for a 4GB
Old 09-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #65
Melcheor
Manshoon

Quote:
Not a happy bunny, to say the least - plus I have a load of coursework to catch up on. Staying off school is good at the time, but when you get back it's a nightmare!
Coursework was the bane of my life in year 11. Do you still have to do maths coursework? That was just rediculous. 1 unececary calculation can cost you a grade yet not drawing any conclusions isn't even mentioned in the marks scheme. We were the first year to do it and the teachers diddn't even know what we were supposed to do. Coursework isn't much of a way to assess people, not like a good exam. People who take longer over it get better marks as do those who get their parents to do it for them. I know of quite a few cases like that...
Melcheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #66
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Yes Maths coursework, that's one of things I have to catch up on - missed two lessons so I am behind.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #67
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

How in the world has Apple, a company which is rapidly falling behind in the operating system market made such a name in the media-player market? It doesn't make sense to me. Why can't other companies seem to compete with them?

Oh, and thanks for the congrats, Ivellis. In a related note, she's the only person I've ever had a conversation about Lando Calrissian being a bigger pimp than Mace Windu with...which is pretty stinnkin' awesome.

By the way...Lando Calrissian is the CLEAR favorite in that category...

I mean look at him. He has a CAPE.

Anyway, math in high school sucks. Math at university is SLIGHTLY better, but not much. Physics, as always, is the way to go.

[ 09-25-2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #68
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Physics is good in my Year because I have the BEST teacher in the school - he rocks! He knows everything, about, well, everything! He spent a whole lesson explaining to us why we are made from stardust and when we die we go back into stardust and join with other stardusts to make something else, or something

And Lando whats-is-name has a cape, I guess that settles things [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Although, Mace Windu is Samuel L Jackson, so I guess if he wanted to be a pimp he would definatly be the better pimp [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And about Apple, just the name is pretty cool - iPod. Plus lots of celebs get them, so people think "Oooo *insert latest celebrity here* has an iPod Mini...AND ITS PINK! I want one!"
Old 09-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #69
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Well happier note than waiting months for a portable device to listen to music, so I have something to listen to on the long bus drive to France (and ferry), yeah I kind of like my iPod.

And I will have to wait, but it's my parents that will play 28% more for a 4GB
I sorta wish now that I'd waited to get the 4gb nano... my litte 2 gig is kinda jam packed!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #70
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Versus

It would seem kind of evenly matched, just looking at the pictures, but Lando's definitely trying to get it on with Princess Leia the FIRST TIME HE SEES HER. Mace Windu's a Jedi, and as such, can't love. QED.