Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2003, 01:15 AM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

In my Blade's party of six... 1.2 million plus( in ToB). I used the method of selling to an honest merchant, steal from the honest merchant and resell to a blackmarket merchant. It is all legit because I did not steal any item twice to sell.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:32 AM   #22
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

sahuagin seller priestress is your friend
Old 08-11-2003, 03:35 AM   #23
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
In my Blade's party of six... 1.2 million plus( in ToB). I used the method of selling to an honest merchant, steal from the honest merchant and resell to a blackmarket merchant. It is all legit because I did not steal any item twice to sell.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
So raiding all the stores in Amn is fine and fair as long as you steal no item twice?

...I believe you may have something there Dundee [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:43 AM   #24
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

In ToB, my All-Wizard party had over a million by the end of the game, and I thought that was tops.....but then my All-Warrior party nabbed over TWO million! I'm still not sure where it all came from....Montaron didn't shoplift that often, and even then it was only things that we were going to use (no reselling or anything).
Old 08-11-2003, 09:06 PM   #25
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

About 350k, so cheating, no cheap stealing tricks. Instead, I sold most of those really good items for plenty of money. However, this included ToB since there are lots of items in that game worth great money. But my fortune disappeared each time I gave Cespenar a visit. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
And about that near 1 million, Bloodtitan, what would you do with so much gold?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 09:51 PM   #26
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Right before the end of ToB, I held a liquidation sale and donated about a million shiny gold pieces to a temple. Held a similar sale at the end of chapter 6, but that was only a little over 8K in gold. My thought is, I'm about to go where no one has gone before, but I'm sure they take American Express.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:24 AM   #27
irheat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I once gather about 500K before I go to spell hold. I want to get the Mordenkainen's Sword
before I go to spell hold. So I go to the sewer and used the skeleton warrior machine.
but my luck is so bad that I think I killed like 1000+ skeleton warrior before
I got the scroll.

I end up with around 1000+ two hand sword+1 which sell at 270 per piece and lots of
jewels. after sell all of them, I have 500k+ gold, and I end up buy all the bouns
equipment just to spend the coin.
irheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 06:51 AM   #28
landsknecht
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Salve

I have had well over a few hundred thousend gold a couple of times. I think hoarding money is part of my RPG feeling... sort of... like trying to equip the NPC with the best armour/jewelry that you can give them, sort of giving them presents etc

landsknecht
Old 09-15-2003, 11:01 AM   #29
Devv
The Magister

I am a hoarder of weapons and equiptment rahter than gold till I go to ToB, then I stick my favourites on my main and sell the rest. I usually have about 100k by the time I hit the underdark if I am using a party of 6, but I don't sell anything with a story and I would have already bought things like the robe of vecena.
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:11 AM   #30
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord
And about that near 1 million, Bloodtitan, what would you do with so much gold?

buy booze, maybe? [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote