Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 06:16 PM   #1
Kinfyr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am not a happy camper at all. Not only did the giant spiders not drop the web so I can eventually get that cool stuff from Arnika but a bunch of those rat fighters in Trynton (?) are stuck in a doorway. Now I can't get back to see Don which I will have to do eventually. Not sure if this will totally screw things later in the game but it does not make me too happy. This also happened to me in W&W but was able to eventually get around that. Don't the developers forsee this as a problem as I'm sure I won't be the only one that has this problem. I doubt they will ever move either since I have been to the cemetary, Arnika, and back and they haven't moved.

I was thinking of killing them but not sure if all the others will start attacking me. I would rather have them be peacefull and do things properly.
Kinfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 06:22 PM   #2
Merkin
Manshoon

I'd recommend posting this to the "official" board.
http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=5140

The tech team has been outstanding about reading, replying to, and trying to fix reported bugs. Their commitment to this game goes miles beyond what I've seen from other gaming companies.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:05 PM   #3
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have seen the Trynnies stuck in a specific doorway on at least three or four occasions. I simply camp near them, and when I awake, they're gone.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

~~kinfyr~~

pooh!! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] i'm sorry.

go right on over to linda and the devs, directly at sir-tech's bug forum.

linda and the tech team are there nearly 24/7. in fact, judging by what she's done with other bugs, she might ask you for all the gory details, and to email her your savegame. if it's indeed a bug and reproduceable, i'm sure they will put it in the upcoming patch.

if it's fixable by other means, they will do that too. they have been so totally cool over there about helping everyone. they take it very seriously, you can tell they feel bad for each person who reports a problem.

beleive me, if anyone can help you, quickly, it's there!

V***V

ps: sorry, merkin! [img]smile.gif[/img] but the only Official Forums are on the SirTech Web Site.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:55 AM   #5
Virgil
Dungeon Master

Monsters don't always drop the component. I've killed thirty or so venom crabs and only gotten 4 shells. Of all the spiders I've killed, I only got silk once. Don't worry about. Just keep killing them and the components will show up.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 10:26 AM   #6
MagiK

Iff you kill enough of them...eventually they will drop stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]

"If you kill them...they will come" the camping thing worked when my trynnie guards got stuck.
Old 12-04-2001, 08:18 PM   #7
Absynthe

Another possible fix is to go in and out of combat mode when near the stuck npc's. Entering combat mode causes them to change their position slightly, and often moves them enough to break the obstacle pathfinding loop.
Good Luck.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:47 AM   #8
Kinfyr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tips everyone but it looks like I will start another party. I only have 4 party members and I found out that later in the game you end up loosing one for a while. The way my party is set up I couldn't afford to loose anyone without making it nearly impossible to get to the point where I could get him/her back. I have a fighter, rogue, priest, and mage. Loosing any one of those would devastate any hope of my party surviving. I don't think this game was meant to be played with fewer than 5 characters.... not including NPC's which I don't like to use.
Kinfyr is offline   Reply With Quote