Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 03:29 PM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ok. I must have just crawled out of the hive because I feel like a "new bee" but I haven't been able to figure out how to import my own new items/spells into BG2. um...any tips/pointers out there? (how embarrassing....)

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 05-18-2001, 03:32 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Put the files into the override folder, that should do the trick.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 04:05 PM   #3
white heron
Manshoon

*Throws bucket of cold water over Azred*

Open Infinity Engine Editor
Open Infinity addon patcher
Browse to TBG/IAP file to import
hit the button
Open game
open console
Type: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxxx")
Remember?
Old 05-18-2001, 04:15 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Put the files into the override folder, that should do the trick.

Thanks, Accord, but I have tried that. If you look through the spells in IE, you'll see that the mage spells jump from spwi224 to spwi298. What I'm trying to do is create a new spell spwi230 (the detect/disarm traps spell that Dutkanator (sp) was wanting); if I put that into the override folder it is not properly imported into the game. Thoughts, anyone?

------------------

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 05-18-2001, 04:39 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by white heron:
*Throws bucket of cold water over Azred*

ayup. You and a lot of other people.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 09:16 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

You don't actually have to follow the Bioware naming convention for spells unless u wanna use them in a script. By not properly importing, do u mean that u can't choose it at the beginning of the game as a mage spell?
Otherwise if u made it u should just put it in the override directory, or make a scroll with the spell and edit a .STO file to add it to a store or just use cluaconsole to give it to yourself.
BTW The only reason the .TBG format was invented was to automatically put the spell text (name and description) into the dialog.tlk and set the correct references up to the strings. U can still use other ppl's spells and items without importing them u just won;t get the ingame text.

Oh yeah, I wonder how u are making that spell? Are u good with scripts? There is no spell effect for disarming traps...

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-19-2001, 08:21 AM   #7
white heron
Manshoon

*BUMP* -keepin me i on this one!
Old 05-19-2001, 06:43 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, I'm about 3/4 through creating the "Trap Zap" spell. You were right, Vaskez--my spell was waiting for me to choose when creating a new mage character. The fastest way I found around the trap scripts was to have the spell create an innate ability; when you use the innate ability on a container it 1) unlocks the container for you and 2) gives the caster 1 stoneskin which will soak up any damage caused by the trap. I need to add 100%MR to that effect for 1 round, in case the trap is magical. You still see "Trap Srpung" over the character's head, but the container is now available. My problem now is to allow the spell to be cast on a trap that is not also a container....

------------------