Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

This may seem like an odd idea and berate me if its been thought of before!...but...would it be possible to edit Boo and make him into a ranged weapon?

I don't know what rules would apply, but maybe some sort of confusion would be involved? ie. lash Boo at an opponent, and while he/she/it is trying to deal with the hamster thats running riot in their armour you could simply run up and beat the snot out of them! But then again i suppose whilst your smashing them to bits you may well harm Boo....thoughts anyone?
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:59 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Usable once per day, cuz Boo gets tired of being smashed into a platemail [img]smile.gif[/img] And possibly lowering rep (or a chance to get -1 rep) cuz Minsc would surely be upset [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I would make Boo cause feeblemind instead of confusion. Think of the effect he has on Minsc [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe Boo is somehow akin to mind flayers??
Old 05-16-2003, 08:03 AM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Aye, and only usable by Minsc...seein as he gets so annoyed when you try to pet the furry little fella! and a brain eating hamster! i shudder at the thought!

If anyone could have a bash at making this i'm sure it would be a funny addon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Not sure about the feeblemind tho, as the reason Minsc is such a cretin is the fact that he's received one too many bumps to the noggin!

[ 05-16-2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: ShadowChild ]
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 05-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Who knows, who knows... maybe Boo is indeed a space hamster, an alien lifeform which parasites on Minsc's body (remeber how Minsc explains the fact that Boo was not taken from him when your party was captured by Irenicus men), slowly devouring his brain. I think I've read a book about some kind of those parasites (science fiction), but they occupied a place just below the neck of a victim, right on the spinal cord, not the quickslot [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] Anyone read the book? I wanna recall the author/title and re-read it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #5
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
Who knows, who knows... maybe Boo is indeed a space hamster, an alien lifeform which parasites on Minsc's body (remeber how Minsc explains the fact that Boo was not taken from him when your party was captured by Irenicus men), slowly devouring his brain. I think I've read a book about some kind of those parasites (science fiction), but they occupied a place just below the neck of a victim, right on the spinal cord, not the quickslot [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] Anyone read the book? I wanna recall the author/title and re-read it [img]smile.gif[/img]
You're ruining everyone's opinion of Boo now!
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

True! maybe Boo is actually a shape shifter who has taken on the form of a small fury animal to appear more innocent!!...and maybe a charm spell or two has aided his cause!!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:19 AM   #7
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Boo is still a loveable little rodent! nothing will change that!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:29 AM   #8
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Heh... loveable... you mentioned some charm spells, if I am not mistaken?? Then your feelings are quite understandable [img]smile.gif[/img] Let me cast a Dispell Magic on you, my son. Here you go. Feel better? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 12:30 PM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I'll post some information on space hamsters when i get home, there are many varieties, the giant, fire-breathing phase doppleganger space hamster is one of my favorites.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:51 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ranged? Certainly not! Boo is a melee weapon, with the range of a Dagger.

ATTRIBUTES:
- Does 1D2+1 Piercing damage
- Each hit is an automatic Backstab, at x3 multiplier
- Strikes as a Normal weapon
- Victim must Save vs. Wands or become permanently Blinded
- Victims not wearing Helmets take a +3 penalty to their Save
- Because Boo gets tired, he can only fight 3 times per day, and then only for 4 rounds.

GO FOR THE EYES, BOO! GO FOR THE EYES! RAAAAAAAAGH!