Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2002, 03:54 PM   #1
Demonteverde
Welcomed New User

Hi. I'm new to this forum. This is my second time playing Baldur's Gate after beating it. I'm currently trying to romance Jaheira. I've done all her Quests (i think). And now she is questioning me about being evil an if she can bring herself to love me and had to think about it. I'm at 136 days already. I've completed all of the game except bringing the lanthorn to the eleven city and finishing off Irenicus. Right now i'm just waiting for Jaheira to say something new, but she hasn't. Have I done something wrong or negated the romance somehow? I don't have any other romance characters in my party except for Jaheira. How long does it usually take for Jaheira to commit to the romance for good?
Demonteverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:02 PM   #2
skier9205
Manshoon

The Jahiera romance is very complicated and if you say or do the wrong thing (just once, anywhere during the relationship) it will end. Some things are not timed in the game and are event related. My guess though is that something went wrong and the romance has stopped.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:03 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

When romancing that pretty little half-elf, the 'Pause' button (usually Space Bar) is your best help. Leave the game paused over night (or while you're away at the office during the day) and when you un-pause it, she'll often have something to say to you.

Try turning your frame rate up if you're even less patient

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:44 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yes, definitely leave the game on, but also know that there is a known bug that prevents the romance from concluding. I believe that Baldurdash has the fix.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:56 PM   #5
Demonteverde
Welcomed New User

O.k. Thanks for the info guys. Where can I get the patch? I tried looking for the Baldurash website, but couldn't find it or it is no longer up.
Demonteverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 01:07 AM   #6
gostmakker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Check out my post on jaheira dated 2-9-02. There's alot more to wooing this little elf than u might think.
gostmakker is offline   Reply With Quote