Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 09:34 AM   #11
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

(Hard to type with crossed fingers!)
Ditto! I'll cross all my fingers! *crosses fingers* now i relly cant tyoe!

*hugs Joreth Calar* afraid I can't offer any advice in this area, being 15 years old...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 09:46 AM   #12
Jorath Calar
Harper

Wow, good Luke ermm sorry, luck skywalker... and thanks Fljotsdale for great advice, and thanks for the Hug Kaz

(Odd how posting about your worries on a messageboard make you feel so much better )

------------------
Old 10-25-2001, 11:04 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Funny, right after I wrote my reply - the phone rang. It's for job as a PC Tech with a big company here called Panurgy!

They asked if I wanted to be just a PC Tech for a career or move into networks.

Tough question if you don't know the answer they want. I had to be honest and said yes, I want to be just a PC Tech.

He said it was the right answer! I have an interview at 3:00 today!

Mark

Good luck Mark - I know it hasn't been easy for you - may the force be with you mate. And Jorath, while it was quite a few years ago now, I have known as much as a year of unemployment in my life - it's depressing, and it becomes very hard to keep the head up through it all, but it becomes nigh on impossible to break the cycle if you show that your head is dropping. As Fljotsdale said - positiveness both in life and the interviews is an important step in attaining your goals. Good fortune tou you both.

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:12 AM   #14
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Funny, right after I wrote my reply - the phone rang. It's for job as a PC Tech with a big company here called Panurgy!

Tough question if you don't know the answer they want. I had to be honest and said yes, I want to be just a PC Tech.

Mark
I spent quite some time as a PC Tech. They are usually looking for people who can learn. Its not what you know but how fast and effectively you learn. I can certainly empathize with your plight. I went on many many interviews before I got my current job. I was so good at interviewing that it was almost a dissapointment when I got hired. (almost) If you need some tips on computers, then please let me know. I hope today's interview goes well for you. Remember, confidence is the most important attribute.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
    [This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 11:13 AM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

Thanx Davros. Your encouragement is very much appreciated!

Mark
Old 10-25-2001, 11:14 AM   #16
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:

Mark
Yay! Good luck to you! Tell us how it went!
Old 10-25-2001, 12:19 PM   #17
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

Mark
Heh,Heh! I guess they wouldn't like me as I want to move into networks. The reason they ask is because no one stays a PC tech for too long. The job doesn't usually pay too well. I'm sure they would like to have more stability in the lower positions, but it just doesn't happen. I had to move down from System admin. to a PC tech job. Strangely enough, I'm still involved in the network. They just try to keep me away from operating the server. They know I can and would have a charge of job description to deal with. Who knows, they may want another network administrator as they grow. Right now, money is tight and the CEO says one is enough. I found they had to keep coming up with validation for the new Tech position I'm in!
Old 10-25-2001, 08:47 PM   #18
skywalker
Banned User

Well, I got a call at 1:00 and I didn't get to go on the interview. The guy had a crisis, but we rescheduled for next Tuesday at 10:00 AM.

Actually I did spend 3 years buiding WhiteBox PCs and started at $7.00 an hour and finished at $13.00 an hour. That's not too bad in Nowhere, VT.

I believe the job will be mostly doing Warranty Service Work on Compaqs and some Admin work so it may not be too bad. I never was too worried about making really BIG bucks. I hope to only have to work 15 or so years and retire. I don't have a mortgage anymore, so it shouldn't be too hard, that is if I EVER get a job!

Mark
Old 10-25-2001, 09:08 PM   #19
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Mark Skywalker - are you the long lost brother of Luke?

Seriously, good luck on your job interview! Post and let us know how it went! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! (well, in spirit anyway, otherwise it'll be hard to get things done if my fingers were crossed all the time).