Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 07:20 AM   #1
Ed
Manshoon

Now before anyone relocates this to the BG2 forum, I would just like to have the oppions of the experienced gamers in here, as the ones in the other forum tend to be only at the same sort of standerd as me. Thanks.

I am just about to start a new game, having just bought a computer that can finaly run it propperly, and never having finished it the last time i tried (only getting as far as meeting Bhodi for the first time)I'm wondering what to do my charecter as. Could you (or any one who cares ...lol)just put down the pros and cons of each class. I know there are lots of these ideas going round, as i have heard that you cant get a good fighter or cleric etc. But i cant remember them. Brain like a seive.

------------------

The REAL Minsc/Boo double act .....

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 10-25-2001, 07:50 AM   #2
Ed
Manshoon

I'll get my coat....

------------------

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 10-25-2001, 08:00 AM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I would play whatever you want. The different classes are great, but much of the time the opinions of others will not match your own ideas of a good time. Personally I play fighters most of the time. I know others who play nothing but Mages or Clerics. One gal I game with every thursday evening would never play anything but a Monk, given a choice. The point is to play what you want, how you want. Now, I am speaking of PnP (Paper and Pencil) D&D. I have never gotten into BG2 so much that I would know all the ins and outs of the characters in that system. I have the game and the expansion, Throne of Bhaal. I have it loaded into my system right now but, I haven't played it in months. I have never finished the game and probably never will. I know others will be along shortly to give you more concise info. I speak as an old PnP RPG'er.
Experiment with the ones that intrigue you and go from there.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 04:15 PM   #4
Ed
Manshoon

Thanks Wulfere. I'll give fighters a go then.

------------------

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 10-25-2001, 04:42 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Pros and Cons of each class?? THat will take a while:

Barbarians-

Pros: Good Fighters. Lots of speical abiltys, if your looking for a "Demoloish everything" type of game style, go for them.

Cons:Can only use Leather Armor, arent as skilled as Regegular fighters.

Rate: I give them a 3 out of 5

Bards-

Pros: One of my personal favorit Class' , Can do a little bit of everything, good back up mage if stats are right, fun to play.

Cons: As the saying goes they are the "Jack of all Trades" good at everything, but dont do exelent at anything.

Rate:I give them a 4 out of 5

Clerics-

Pros: Pretty good class here, can rip it up as fighter and have magic abiltys. The Kits are pretty cool. And have some utterly desuctive spells. Turn Undead is usefull.

Cons: Weapon restiction and arent as good as fighers in battle. Takes a while to get powerfull.

Rate: I give them a 4 out of 5

Druid-

Pros: A good RPing class. Some cool spells

Cons:Not all that great of fighters, dont have as cool spells as Clerics. Some of the kits aboustly suck.

Rate:2 of 5

Fighter-

Pros: Exllent in battle. Can use and wear everything. Good kits.

Cons:Too basic. Not intresting enough

Rate: 4 out of 5

Monk-

Pros: Good speical abitlys.

Cons: Dosn't fit in the DND atosphere. Weapon and armor restictions. Can get two powerfull

Rate: 3 out of 5

Paladin-

Pros: Good fighters, cool Rping Class. No rectictions (unless you choose the Caviler) Good kits. Can get some spells.

Cons: Have to be a goody two shoes.

Rate:4 outta 5

Ranger-

Pros: Of course I am going to say a ton of good stuff about this Class. Good fighters, Good Rping class. Can use spells. Cool strong hold in the game. They wear the orginally "Two weapon fighting" class. Cool Kits.

Cons: some of the kits give restictions.

Rate: 5 of 5

Theif-

Pros: Fun class to play, gets some cool speical abiltys. If made rate they can be decent fighters. Good Kits.

Cons: Some restrictions. Can be a weak class.

Rate:4 of 5

Sorcerer-

Pros: Get a ton of spells.

Cons: Can get to pwerfull, cant use scrolls.

Rate: 3 of 5

Wizzard-

Pros: Fun class.

Cons: Can get two powerfull.

Pros: 4 of 5

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!