Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 12:09 PM   #11
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
You're right, Epona, yet in this case...the dining room has an old stained carpet, and I believe that that ripping that carpet up and putting down tile will be a major improvement. One should not have a carpet in the room that one feeds a 1 1/2 yr. old child every day.... Other minor tasks are painting the computer room, and putting closet doors on the closets...as they do not currently have any.

It's pretty much essential to redecorate before trying to sell - but go for something fairly plain and don't spend too much. The thing is, you're right in one sense because you will find it difficult to sell your place if the carpet is stained. But getting new carpet just eases the sale, it doesn't actually add any value in of itself. Unlike a pool or an extension...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-25-2001, 03:31 PM   #12
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Wow! J.J...
Thanks for taking the time to help a brotha out!
I was not aware that I could be told what my beacon score was, but I was only told that I had outstanding credit and very pretty figures. I will look into this.

The house has a 1-car carport, but I realized this morning that I need to ground wire my house, as it was not a requirement back in the 50's, and the previous owners never upgraded. I need to to that, and I figure it won't cost much for a little wire, right???

As far as the loan time and all, I am still considering a 15 yr. loan, though I have many of the executives here at work telling me of shortcuts around this or that, and the advantages of this and that, based on my proposed future of not living in this home for more than 5 yrs.
The oil furnace is not wanted by me. I would prefer as, but the hook up cost to the city line is $1200.00 because of the amount of line needing to be laid toward my house, pluse a $3200.00 furnace. The propane tank methode is roughly $2000.00, and that looks to be the best idea, but I had new oil line hook-ups placed before I knew of my oil furnace problem, and I may be able to just buy the parts to the furnace and insert them myself, which would cost only $300.00, as opposed to a $2400.00 new furnace.

I promise to keep everyone posted on this...and hopefully, the information accumulated in this thread will help more people.

do the wiring, do the garage, strip your floor if you have hardwood under it - i just lost 35 minutes of typing because it said connection refused when i tried to reply before, *&^%$#$#%^%$#$#$^%&*(()()*^%$$#$@#$$#$@%& - it! you can do the wiring, arghh, i cant repea;t it, must go to work, arrgghh! talk to you later, about beacon as well, arrrgghh why is it doing that connection refused thing when i quote a reply? oops, mopre like 45minutes worth, gotta run, later!

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-25-2001, 04:20 PM   #13
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

On the bank financing thing I believe thats what BK(mortgage broker I think) does, he may be able to give advice on that.
On another note if you do happen to add a garage as JJ suggested I'd be happy to help you out on that. I have every tool needed (you buy the gun-nails/staples ).
Old 10-25-2001, 05:03 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
On the bank financing thing I believe thats what BK(mortgage broker I think) does, he may be able to give advice on that.
On another note if you do happen to add a garage as JJ suggested I'd be happy to help you out on that. I have every tool needed (you buy the gun-nails/staples ).

WOW!!! Thanks!!!
I will have to remember that.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:27 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Larry, be happy to help. I'll help out a fellow board member in any way I can.

I also have a refinancing question if anyone knows. Can you refinance a vehicle? I just bought a new vehicle and since I'm a "first time new buyer" and wasnt rated too well credit-wise I have a pretty crappy interest rate. If I pay on time for at least a year is it possible to refinance this kind of thing?
Old 10-25-2001, 09:29 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping to the top for LoA...