Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 06:51 PM   #11
Gil-Galad
The Magister

As others have said: Better to have lost in love, than never to have loved at all.
All the best, but remember that if things get messed up, a friend means a whole lot more than a girl. Especially when you have life ahead of you. There are so many fish in the sea. Honest

Hmmm... That is speaking from my own personal experience, anyway.

[This message has been edited by Gil-Galad (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 06:56 PM   #12
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Now, what you need to do is beat the **** out of the other HE and remove him from the equation... No, just kiding, don't ever do that (I guess I shouldn't be kidding about it, but I need to relax. I'm sorry).

Tell her what you feel like and let the river run it's course from there. You'll know right away if it's indeed a match or not.

Good luck

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-24-2001, 09:26 PM   #13
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Neb
To add another quote, "All's fair in love and war."
You won't know until you try, will you? Go ahead and let her know how you feel. But don't push her - let her decide. But a bit of firendly "encouragement" is OK I guess.
Just a word or caution - I'm assuming you're in your teens. Don't put too much stock in teen relationships. If it works out, fine - and consider yourself lucky/blessed. If it doesn't - well, many, many relationships that form during teen years do NOT survive. It's normal.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:28 PM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Ryanamur, Ryanamur, Ryanamur... tsk tsk tsk... I'd be interested in hearing your story some day well, not my business...

anyway, Neb, the most important thing is: be her friend
even if she doesnt love you (I am talking about the worst case here) you can still be her friend, right? if you say yes, then she is probally yours
Old 10-24-2001, 09:30 PM   #15
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Tuff situation. If I were you I would talk to my friend before I did anything else with this girl. If he is a close friend, it would be my opinion that his friendship is more important then any female that may come between you. If he is more in the realm of a casual acquaintance and not a good friend, then forget him and go balls out for the girl.

I hope it works out, but please be sure that you don't ruin a friendship over a girl that might not be around to long.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-24-2001, 10:53 PM   #16
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Ryanamur, Ryanamur, Ryanamur... tsk tsk tsk... I'd be interested in hearing your story some day well, not my business...
, Well, you better go and purchase a 60oz of Jack. Not that I drink that anymore, but I'll need it to tell you everything... or to prevent me from telling you everything

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-25-2001, 01:08 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, I finally told her how I felt, I never expected that it would be as difficult to tell her as it was, but I managed to.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:12 PM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, I finally told her how I felt, I never expected that it would be as difficult to tell her as it was, but I managed to.
What did she say?? *smile*
hope it will work out for you, good luck!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-25-2001, 01:15 PM   #19
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Do I hear wedding bells ring ting tingaling in the nebberhood? Are you going to invite us all to the wedding? Will she mind being Nebraham Von Spankenheinie?

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-25-2001, 01:15 PM   #20
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
What did she say?? *smile*
hope it will work out for you, good luck!!
She said she needed some time to think about it, I also told her that my friend was in love with her as well, I wouldn't want to get chosen instead of him simply because she didn't know he was interested, *sigh* but then again, she might not choose either of us.