Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 08:39 AM   #11
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

Oh boy what I hate forwards... recently I have had atleast 20 forwards everytime I start up my icq...it's so annoying u kinda have to spend atleast a couple of minutes just to close em down ... though the worste isn't that I get lots of em...the worste is that I get multiple copies from every stupid one that keep forwarding...grrr
Old 09-27-2001, 08:51 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Strange. The only chain letters I have ever gotten in my life were in Junior High, passed around by paper. Never got any online??!! So Glad about that! Are these things the same as I remember, meaning, "send this letter to 10 other people, and tell them to send same to 10 other people," etc. all for "luck"?
Yup, they are similiar. The old, "if you don't send it you'll have bad luck" thing too. Also some cute, "if you like the sender of this mail send this back and to 10 more friends now!" that kind of thing. Usually with cutsie drawings in x's and o'x or somesuch.

LOVE the new sig, but um...Rikard's gonna be disappointed, no fire! LOL

CloudSis

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-27-2001, 08:58 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Arn Dragonfire:
Oh boy what I hate forwards... recently I have had atleast 20 forwards everytime I start up my icq...it's so annoying u kinda have to spend atleast a couple of minutes just to close em down ... though the worste isn't that I get lots of em...the worste is that I get multiple copies from every stupid one that keep forwarding...grrr
I know the feeling! Tha's when I do a major slash and burn in my email! I am on two lists right now and get upwards of 100 mails a day now, sometimes twice that. I filter some of the 'trash' out already (anything with 'undisclosed recipients' in it is directed to my trash, don't think I've missed anything important, either). Sometimes I'll just slash mails and dump the trash. Means occasionally I miss something, but my list pals all understand- they do the same thing!

Oh and WELCOME TO IRONWORKS! I don't think I've properly greeted you before, so howdy!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-27-2001, 11:43 AM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I rarely foreward stuff, and only once sent one to multiple addresses. (3, if I remember correctly). I usually just delete them unread.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 09-27-2001, 02:42 PM   #15
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I hate them, but my friends like them, so if they ask if I forwarded it I just grunt a bit as a yesno

------------------

Free Your Soul... Then Give It To Me

The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Jenova