Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 11:51 AM   #71
Moni

Fljotsdale,

Thank you for your reply!
I understand that you weren't implying that I am a negative person in general.
Sorry if I do have little faith in mankind, but here in The US at least (the only country I have ever resided in), it is well founded. Can't say I would want to live anywhere else though! I appreciate our freedoms, it would just be nice to know that our world leaders were working for all of us rather than themselves. I liked the Clinton Administration...they did a lot for our country and our morale on a national level (in spite of the intern incident). I know a lot of people who worry every day now that it is over and no one knows what to expect from Dubya.

*HUGS*
Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-18-2001).]

Old 06-18-2001, 02:02 PM   #72
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
If you think that the Kyoto treaty is an "extremist" position you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

As to extremists not having any solutions of their own, well thats not exactly true. A large number of solutions have been floated: try doing a quick search on google.com

The trouble with this, is that the later we leave to take action, the more drastic the action will be.

We were not saying that the Kyoto treaty is an 'extremist' position. We are saying THE extremists (protestors) are a major problem.

And, I know the extremists have solutions, it is just that they are such stupid solutions it is hard to even consider them. And isn't it ironic that we have people like this arriving at a protest of gasoline prices in their cars?!? Why didn't they ride bikes, take public transport......did they even carpool?

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-18-2001, 02:28 PM   #73
tracey
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

It makes me sad.. We need to do more...

PS, anyone else get TOTALLY pissed off when you see someone in front of you flicking a cig-butt out the car window? Makes me wanna crash into them!
And trash on the side of the roads.. it's like people think the world is their DUMPING ground.

"One day this Planet will shake us off like Fleas on a cat"
- (George Carlin)

I think it's a little extreme to potentially cause whiplash injuries for the sake of a cigarette butt. i'm supposed to smile now.

[This message has been edited by tracey (edited 06-18-2001).]
Old 06-18-2001, 03:09 PM   #74
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
I think it's a little extreme to potentially cause whiplash injuries for the sake of a cigarette butt. i'm supposed to smile now.

[This message has been edited by tracey (edited 06-18-2001).]
Welcome Tracey! What a great 1st post

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-18-2001, 03:43 PM   #75
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Welcome to the board Tracey!

Maybe we could just shoot at their car a bit with a shotgun instead of crashing into them?

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 06-18-2001).]
Old 06-18-2001, 04:14 PM   #76
Gaelic
Elminster

(Gaelic grabs the steering wheel of this thread and jerks it into another lane!)

I think the people who throw cigarette butts out their car windows and drop them while walking are as annoying as the people who park themselves outside the entrances to buildings and smoke so you are forced to walk through a cloud of that crap to enter the building. These are the same folks who light up while in line outside the movie theater, at a fair, etc. I think that is SOOOOO disrespectful of everyone else.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-18-2001, 05:04 PM   #77
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
(Gaelic grabs the steering wheel of this thread and jerks it into another lane!)

I think the people who throw cigarette butts out their car windows and drop them while walking are as annoying as the people who park themselves outside the entrances to buildings and smoke so you are forced to walk through a cloud of that crap to enter the building. These are the same folks who light up while in line outside the movie theater, at a fair, etc. I think that is SOOOOO disrespectful of everyone else.
I hate that too, Gaelic!
However, I never complain about people smoking outdoors. NOBODY smokes in MY house though! And I tell 'em off if they smoke in areas where it is not allowed - buses, public buildings, etc. They must think I'm a really crabby old whatsit, lol! (Well - I AM!)

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 05:09 PM   #78
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:

WELCOME, TRACEY!

If you post a new thread to say 'Hi!', the official welcome waggon will appear in due course!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-18-2001).]
Old 06-18-2001, 05:12 PM   #79
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I hate that too, Gaelic!
However, I never complain about people smoking outdoors. NOBODY smokes in MY house though! And I tell 'em off if they smoke in areas where it is not allowed - buses, public buildings, etc. They must think I'm a really crabby old whatsit, lol! (Well - I AM!)

Man you are so wrong there! Cigarettes are actually good for the soil! Dig em down and the ground will get more oxygen and have water supply.. Driving cars on the other hand...

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-18-2001, 05:21 PM   #80
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Man you are so wrong there! Cigarettes are actually good for the soil! Dig em down and the ground will get more oxygen and have water supply.. Driving cars on the other hand...

!!! !!!

LOL!

------------------