Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Finally got DL loaded - and installed the patch - and played around for a while - took the short route through to the theatre - Just didn't want to do all of that "again".

I don't recall doing this much clicking when I played the demo. My finger is about to drop off.

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Finally make it into Fargrove and I'm thinking "Hurrah! I can ditch these stupid throwing knives, get a decent bow and some better weapons!" But there wasn't much available - well not of any interest really.

I'm going to go soak my finger! (not really, but it feels like it should be in a split - was this the designers "PLAN" - this is fun, right??)

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:03 AM   #2
the mighty stamar

There is a lot of clicking. It doesnt stop. When you get reasonably bad ass you think you have less clicking because you kill with fewer hits.... but then the monsters start coming in even bigger hordes.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:13 AM   #3
Lady Hebe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try killing a drake: a half hour of nonstop clicking. And if you're really lucky, it will be pitch black so you can't see to hit it!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That does not sound encouraging -

If it had been possible to push and hold down the left hand mouse key to keep your character fighting while you point them in the correct direction - that would be tolerable but the click click click is really getting to me.

They can't imagine that players think that is actually "fun", can they??

Ah well - I am enjoying getting to go further than the sewers and the theater.

I do not like the fact that you can accidentally sell your equiped armor and weapons - that strikes me as a basic "no no" and should not have been possible.

I might get to wander some more this evening. I'll do my finger exercises so that it's up to the task! lol!!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #5
Too Darkpark
The Magister

i've been thinking about all the clicking one has to do in this game. boy! it would be really nice if there was an option for "autofire" on long ranged weapons.

as for accidentally selling equipped stuff, i did that once. fortunately, the item wasn't that expensive so i just bought it back.
what would be nice is if every item that is equipped were highlighted when you're in the SELL screen at a shop. At least than you'd know what is equipped and what isn't.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've gotten tired of clicking too... An auto-attack and an auto-pickup feature would be nice... like the "Z" in DungeonSiege.

And I accidentally sold my rogue's pants while in a store once. All of a sudden, she was down to her knickers... Don't think she was happy with me, nope nope nope!

Glad to see you've finally got it installed, Wyv. Now you can fritter away your hours too! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

Glad to see you've finally got it installed, Wyv. Now you can fritter away your hours too! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
LOL!!! That's just how I felt last night while I was playing - frittering - frittering!! hehehe

I did enjoy it although I know I'm sort of rushing to try to "catch up" - but really this combat system requiring so many clicks was not their best idea.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

People! Read the tips thread... the selling equipment issue is handled... by me!

Yay me!
doomogamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Interesting tips you posted, doomogamer. I may have to try the kataal one shortly...

I have to say I hadn't noticed the different colored border. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Doomogamer!!

Now that you pointed it out there is a subtle difference in the border around the items that are actually equiped - they should have made it more pronounced OR (more sensibly) made it impossible to sell what you are actually using!

I tried the Kwosname thing - Great tip!!

I am really sick of clicking! I'm finding the fighting in the real game a lot more time consuming than the demo and often I feel as though I'm not making progress in a fight at all.

I did have an interesting bug at the beginning of my game - the goblin that leads you off to the sewers well he never managed to make it around the corner of the building to get to the sewers - walked into the wall and just continued to walk into it endlessly. I tried to push him on his way - no go.
Finally just decided to off him which worked nicely. Still - strange bug!

I find my computer is flakey after I have played. Exited the game and wanted to come online and it took forever for the computer to respond. Probably because it was still trying to calculate all the clicks I had made and kill off a zillion more monsters.