Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 01:24 PM   #21
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Hee, Hee!

Goes something like this?

Steps:

Whoa dude! Look! ALIENS! And they're riding pink elephants! COOL!
ROFLMAO Kenyth!

Old 10-25-2001, 01:57 PM   #22
G'kar

I have read evidence concerning ancient astronauts who colonized earth. The evidence for this is contained in a series of seven books called "the earth chronicles" by Zacharia Sitchen. The first book is called "the 12th planet" It can be found in book stores everywhere. It is not fiction.

Warning: although Sitchen is a long time Bible Scholar, the archeological evidence he discovered has huge implications concerning the interpretations of the old testament. If you are offended by alternate views of the bible, these books contain them.

Old 10-25-2001, 02:05 PM   #23
Legolas the Elven Archer

Watch the Discovery Channel on a regular basis and you'll get to see loads of 'proof'. Unfortunately, different bits of evidence don't really work well together.

Personally, I think that there are either no aliens at all, or that the universe is crawling with them. But there's no reason to assume they are intelligent, older, wiser, better developed or humanoid at all. For all we know we are the oldest in the universe and our UFO's will visit another primitive world one day.
On the other hand, there's no real reason to believe the aliens aren't better developed or practically identical to us.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, Alien means strange or unknown. I'm no expert on airplanes, and from the ground I can't see who's in it. So I'm actually seeing UFO's and aliens (even on the streets) each day

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-25-2001, 02:07 PM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
Watch the Discovery Channel on a regular basis and you'll get to see loads of 'proof'. Unfortunately, different bits of evidence don't really work well together.

Personally, I think that there are either no aliens at all, or that the universe is crawling with them. But there's no reason to assume they are intelligent, older, wiser, better developed or humanoid at all. For all we know we are the oldest in the universe and our UFO's will visit another primitive world one day.
On the other hand, there's no real reason to believe the aliens aren't better developed or practically identical to us.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, Alien means strange or unknown. I'm no expert on airplanes, and from the ground I can't see who's in it. So I'm actually seeing UFO's and aliens (even on the streets) each day

Illegal aliens is in fact something that you can use to describe those who illegally emigrate from one country to another, at least, I've heard it used in that way.

Old 10-25-2001, 02:12 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:

"Alien" comes from Latin alius, alia, aliud, I believe. It means "the other" or "the other one"
So... everyone except you is an alien

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 02:38 PM   #26
Sorcerer Alex

I know there's something out there, but it would be far too naive to think that UFOs actually exist. If you think about all the millions of stars, each having their own set of planets, and imagining that there's nothing else alive on all those planets.... seems highly unlikely to me. I hope I meet an alien one day. The closest I've ever come is meeting my sister

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB