Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

It won't install... the setup program won't even load, just gives a error message

I tried all that it suugests, anyone else know why this happens?

Did I just waste a lot of money?
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

nevermind... I tried using the other drive and now it's installing... yey... so I may just use this thread if I have any other problems... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

And believe me: There will be a lot of them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:19 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well, this looks to be DW's last release -- PC Gamer and all the other gaming mags SLAMMED this game (as they should) for the bugs and gave it 1 star out of 5 and 45 out of 100.

DW should be ashamed of this game.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, this looks to be DW's last release -- PC Gamer and all the other gaming mags SLAMMED this game (as they should) for the bugs and gave it 1 star out of 5 and 45 out of 100.

DW should be ashamed of this game.
The thing that is sad is that there is obvious potential here but (once again) they have released the game before it was ready - this is like a beta version with so many of the basic features not working. I don't know what they were working on during all the extra time they did take but it seems like it was all the wrong things. (sigh)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

So do you guys think we will ever have a decent RPG again on our PCs? It seems all new rpgs have some potential but are rushed out and suffer for it... lets see. Pool of Radiance, Temple of Elemental Evil, Kotor 2, Dungeon Lords... any one I'm forgetting?
Could all have been so much better had they acctually been finished... okey maybe not PoR but the rest... [img]smile.gif[/img]

By the way I am kind of enjoying DL, except it runs very slowly at times, and despite all the bugs (which I havn't encountered a lot of yet, it some how feels hollow and soulless, almost nothing that drives me to actually play it, it lacks all charisma... just a good looking (the Goblin and Skeleton models are awesome) hack and slash

[ 07-07-2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #7
the mighty stamar

There is a lot of fun in the game other than the overland map area.

I think the dungeons are really cool. Of all the unfinished games you listed, none of them were unfinished like dungeon lords.
I mean a great deal of the whole overland area is barely started never mind unfinished. unfinished is like an npc who talks about an ogre in a cave that you never find. Were even missing the npc part of that equation here lol. temple of elemental evil is 'unfinished'... I like dungeon lords more than temple of elemental evil but thats not saying a whole lot lol

Ive posted this before but Ill post it again, there is literally miles of nothing in this game. There are buildings, about 8 total storekeepers.... 3 small side quests.... and nothing but random monsters in an area similar to like morrowind. And that game was pretty sparse in itself but it doesnt compare.

All said I give it about 60-65% for the dungeons I dont think these hate reviews are fair but still I cant say the opposite that its great.

If youre in the early part, well the game starts out you go right to a dungeon. Thats cool to me. It gets really bad until your next dungeon and then repeat that about 5 more times. The dungeons are cool but sometimes its a long time between them, anyhow thats my experience.

[ 07-07-2005, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #8
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So the game is nasty?? i dont have it, you think it is worth to buy?
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:12 AM   #9
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I read a lot about bugs in our german version and was lucky to talk with a player of DL. He said : Do not buy it ! It's not worth the price. Maybe later as a low budget game.

I left him very disappointed because I searched for a new RPG and I really thought that DW is a garant of a good game.

Now I'm waiting again, who knows how long ? Will there ever be a new good RPG in the future ?

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

[ 07-19-2005, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:00 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can probably pick it up fairly cheaply now, and it's probably worth doing that. Those of us who bought the game when it was new may be regretting the extra money we spent... I know I am. Still, it is an enjoyable way to pass away the hours, and it may be more fun in multiplayer mode. I haven't done that yet, but perhaps I might.

AS for new good RPGs.... we can only hope.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote