Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
Ulgoth's Beard Trimmer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yup, I killed him by surrounding him with 4 of my NPC's and then letting him have it with my mage(with a sling) and my tank (with a halbred +1). Sure, I got some cool stuff, but can killing him turn out to be a mistake later on? Besides the 6 point drop in reputation (which I can deal with), are there any other negative effects from killing him

Regards
UBT
Old 11-19-2002, 04:39 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Congrats, there are no harmful effects of killing him. Be careful in towns though because if your rep goes to low you will be hunted by the flaming fists most powerful.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 04:39 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

It could if you use this party in Baldur's Gate II. Otherwise you just lose some rep points.

[ 11-19-2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: khazadman ]
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:17 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Welcome to the boards UBT. You sound like you didn't even break sweat smacking him one! Good work fella'.

In BG, the only problem with killing Drizzt is that you can only do it once. Shame that, the stuck-up git!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:03 PM   #5
Ulgoth's Beard Trimmer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome!
Killing Dizzt took quite a while and a dozen reloads, but the goodies were worth it.
khazadman , what problems could I face in BG2?? I'd love to get into that game after the novelty of this one, but is there a problem with importing a party that killed a hero such as he??

Regards
UBT
Old 11-19-2002, 08:30 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

Do you get any experience for killing Drizzt?
Old 11-19-2002, 09:21 PM   #7
Ulgoth's Beard Trimmer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yuppers...12,000 total, which was split between my mage and tank, 6000 apeice. Since we were both Level one, we went right up to level three! Pretty sweet.

UBT
Old 11-19-2002, 10:38 PM   #8
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

So you killed Drizzt with 1st level party? Hmm.. Impressive.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:00 AM   #9
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HOLLY $&^%$(*&^% how did you kill Drizzt with a level one party ???i haven't made the atteempt myself but my buddy went throught the game got all the powerhouse fighers hacked there levels up to lick 8 or so and drizzt still womped him

BTW congrats on such an awsome kill enjoy thoose swords
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 06:28 AM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Killing Drizzt with a level 1 party? Must have glitched.

Id also like to know how come 12K XP gets split between only two members of the group.

Hold on. I got it. You kicked those 4 out of the party, right? Drizzt got stuck between them and coudnt hit you since you were using a sling (missile) and halberd (longer attack distance that drizzt's scimitars).

Smart. Problems in BG2 will crop up, as you do meet him again. You are not the only one that can be resurrected, you know? Also you wont get to keep his scimitars, you lose everything in the prologue. He isnt as dangerous by that point of course, but he does have his full party with him.