Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2000, 08:35 AM   #11
bogus

yeah.. when you do the rod-quest you can go down to ghoultown if you turn left as soon as you enter the big round room where gaal hangs out.. in ghoultown there are only 2 exits then one you came through and another which leads to an area where everything looks like it's organic.. this is where you meet the beholder if you agree to the rodquest.. I dunno if you ever get here if you don't do the rodquest.. but if you get here there is an exit at the south end of the area (you come in at the sw end from ghoultown) that will take you inside the locked door..

b

Old 12-08-2000, 08:37 AM   #12
bocajab

I am not shur but I think I know what you are talking about.
I will go and see.
thanks for all you help

Old 12-08-2000, 08:39 AM   #13
bogus

it is btw funny that you are the child of a god who can kill dragons, resurect people who died, imprison them for all eternity in the middle of the earth and so on.. but not open a bloody door..

b

Old 12-08-2000, 08:41 AM   #14
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

oh yeah ... be careful with the gauths in the organic thingies... they are a pain in the a** if you dont have any protection against serious wounds, cloak of mirroring would help alot too.... if you really cant solve the quest.. hack it using shadow keeper... thats all i know (UNLESS: you want to repeat the entire game...OR go multiplayer with someone with a save game)
Old 12-08-2000, 08:46 AM   #15
bocajab

as for playing the game again, I am shur I will but I would like to beat it once first.
as for multiplayer I would really like to but I live in denmark so it cost so much money all well no multi

Old 12-08-2000, 08:51 AM   #16
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

no internet for you? i though US has unlimited internet...
Old 12-08-2000, 09:19 AM   #17
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Hrm... well, maybe I'm out in the blue here... but I thought this thread originated in the Arms'n'Legs whereabouts and lost track before getting there. The Arms and Legs has nothing to do with either ghoultown, the locked door or the beholder in the organic area. They are in the sarcophage with those renegade cultists, just before that closed door. You probably knew, but I didn't see it mentioned in the discussion so I thought I'd point it out.

Do you know where the word sarcophage comes from, by the way? It's greek. Sarco means flesh and phage means eater. When people found out that dead folks lying in boxes tend to turn into skeletons, they thought it was because the box had eatened the flesh off the bones, hence naming it a flesheater, sarcophage.

(In case you didn't know, it's not true. The enlightened people of today know it's microorganisms that eat dead people, not boxes)

So there.
Old 12-08-2000, 09:30 AM   #18
bogus

well the arms and legs have a lot to do with ghoultown.. because when ure given the unseeing eye quest you can refuse to get the parts of the rod for gaal .. if you do so you don't get the key to door behind which the sarcophagus is located.. and you can't pick/knock that door.. so the only way (besides cheating) to get to the sarcophagus would be through the unseeing eye lair (via ghoultown)... however I've never refused meself so I am uncertain if you can even get to ghoultown and the meatcave to use the exit to get up inside the locked door if you refuse.. it was just an idea..

b

Old 12-08-2000, 09:58 AM   #19
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ehh...?
Hey guys, you are confusing me now..
The talking head quest you get from who?
Is it from kangaxx himself or from the Beholder?
I killed that Beholder good since I broke into his lair and finished the god of "I" quest, when I returned I just had to loot the place of the unseeing followers. Now I´m stuck with a pir of golden legs and arms and had to empty my rod of resurection to get some members back to the party..
Is there any other way to get this quest, and in which chapter do you get it? If you kill the Beholder Ghaal, can you forget about the quest and throw away thoose golden limbs??

Please someone, explain this to me, sounds like a great quest and I don´t wnat to start over again
Old 12-08-2000, 10:22 AM   #20
bogus

okido .. a few missunderstandings...

this is the issue:
the original poster went to the temple-district and got the unseeing eye quest.. he went into the sewers and spoke to gaal.. but he refused to get the rod for gaal (ie he declined the temple of I (aumanator) quest) .. he then promptly chopped up the cult.. however since he didn't accept the rod quest he didn't get the key to the door beind which kangaxx's arms and legs (and a few renegade cultists and the temple of I) are.. that door is un-pick/knock-able.. then he went to kangaxx and got his quest.. but he can't get to the arms and legs since the door is closed and he has already killed gaal who had the key..

my suggestion was:
in the beholder-lair (beyond ghoultown) there is an exit that leads up inside the locked door (in the corridor towards the temple of I stairs).. however I have never refused to get the rod so I don't know wether or not you can access ghoultown/meatcave if you have refused to get the rod.. but it might be worth checking out..

hope its a bit clearer now

b