Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 10:56 AM   #141
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Does anyone do a big New Years celebration??

We stay home usually - this has to be one of the worst nights to be on the road going anywhere!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:11 PM   #142
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I am dug in home at my appartment with some good literature, a couple of good computer games and loads of coffee.

I really cannot take fireworks. I am pretty certain that a psychiatrist would diagnose my condition as shell-shock without ever having been to a war zone. Whenever I see someone inflate a balloon I flex my muscles and prepare for the bang if it should accidentally explode.

I then go out on the town with my friends in the first days of the new year, when everyone has used up their fireworks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The use of fireworks has escallated during the past years, but this year, luckily, the sale of fireworks has been cut in half. Earlier this year, a warehouse containing about 250 thousand tons of fireworks exploded in Denmark wiping out an entire residential area of a Danish provincial town. So most people really do not have the big taste for fireworks this New Year's Evening. (Not to mention the fact that the police have only renewed the fireworks license for about half the number of shops as last year). [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 12-31-2004, 12:48 PM   #143
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WOW, bsftcs!! That was most unfortunate!

Fireworks here are usually reserved for the 4th of July. There are some places that use fireworks at other times, but mostly - 4th of July. I'd have a difficult time even finding any fireworks this time of year.

I prefer to stay at home. Even though they have done a lot to encourage people to "drink responsibily", somehow I don't trust New Years Eve and am certain there will be more drunks on the road.

Hope you enjoy your "quiet" NYE!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:39 PM   #144
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sorry to hear about your shell-shockedness, bsftcs I can relate to some extent, but I really, really enjoy fireworks...

We just finished the family new year's eve tradition... going out to a local chinese buffet which has things like lobster, sushi, and steak on the menu (definitely *NOT* your typical buffet). We then got a couple of movies for the kids and watched them in front of the fireplace. A nice and relaxing way to watch, if I do say so myself... [img]smile.gif[/img]

But now everyone else in the house has gone to bed, and as usual, I'm the only one up to welcome the new year. The pleasures of being a night owl...

So, for my last Boogre Bar post of the year, let me wish each and every one of you a joyous and happy new year. May the greatest of your dreams for the coming year be the least of your accomplishments, and may you find the things that are important to you to be abundant and bountiful.

Until 2005...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:47 AM   #145
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Happy New Year everyone.

I had a quiet one near Baldurs Gate.

Just thought I would drop in for a Boogre Brew on the way back there.

Cheers.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #146
jsalsb
Elminster

Happy New Year, everyone!

May everyone find what they seek in the new year, and may Torin finally find peace of mind.

-j
Old 01-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #147
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Kev! A pleasure to have you back around these parts [img]smile.gif[/img] Enjoy things in the BG world, and have a great New Year.
-+-+-+
Old 01-11-2005, 09:59 AM   #148
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A round for the house! I had upgraded Spybot, AdAware, and ZoneAlarm, and between the three, they put the kibosh on W&W on my machine. I set the compatibility to Win95 mode last night, and it ran wonderfully! So I'm now in a happy mood
-+-+-+
Old 05-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #149
bsftcs
Red Dragon

After having watched the spectacular and breathtaking snooker world championship final tonight, I was wondering: What happened to our own Boogre snooker tournament? [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Bungleau, is that you under that pile of dust?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #150
jsalsb
Elminster

I was wondering who would be the first to resurect the ol' BB. Well bsftcs, looks like drinks are on you.

PS -

First Rule of Boogre Snooker: "Boogres don'ts needs no stinkin' pink balls!"

Second Rule of Boogre Snooker: After beating your opponent about the head or neck with the boogre-cue, you must run away and apologise from a safe distance.

Second-and-a-half Rule of Boogre Snooker: No eye-gauging; unless you really really want to.

Third Rule of Boogre Snooker: The winner is the first player to win.