Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2002, 10:07 AM   #1
Dante Tier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey everyone. I was wondering if someone could help. I got the good God Ending, and the Mortal Ending, how do I go about getting the Evil God ending? Does my character have to be evil alignment? Does it matter how you answer the final Solar Questions? I'd really love to be an Evil God, so I really want to see the movie.
Dante Tier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
Gammit
Elminster

Hello, Dante, and welcome to the Ironworks! To answer your question, I believe that your character needs to be of evil alignment to get the option of becoming an evil god.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:28 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

No, you have to take the evil path through the five challenges. Its the dialogue options you take each time that matter. Alignment dosent matter. I think.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Given that answering the trials evilly when you are good changes your alignment to Neutral Evil, I say that in the end, you end up being evil to get the ending movie for an Evil God anyway.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 11:36 AM   #5
Dante Tier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Well... I changed my alignment to CE through Shadowkeeper... still got the good god Ending. Damn
I don't want to have to play the whole thing again, just for the ending... Bah to that.
Dante Tier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 07:07 PM   #6
Chocolate Man
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Or, if you don't want to go through beating the game again, just open up your baldur.ini file located in your main BGII folder and look down to the section where it lists the movies, should be under [MOVIES] IIRC, scroll down until you see FinalMovieX=1 and add the number (between 1 and 3) that you are missing. Then the option to view the movie will be available to you from the SOA or TOB movie box. Only thing you miss is the NPC life stories, but as you have done both the mortal and a God ending I don't think those should change at all. Hope this helps

- Chocolate Man
Chocolate Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 12:48 AM   #7
Imrahil
Elminster

I'm pretty sure that the ending options don't depend on your alignment, but rather on how you answer the Solar's question's when you are Gated into the Pocket Plane. If you choose answers like "I feel sorry for my mother...", etc. you are pointed down the "good" path, regardless of what else you do in the game.

If you choose the "There is no debt...", etc. (I'm just picking stuff at random from memory, but, basically, if you answer like an evil bastard would answer, you get the evil ending option; answer "good" & you get the good option - you can generally judge which path you're on by what happens during your Pocket Plane challenges - not only what you face, but what they [e.g. Cyric] say), then you can choose to become an Evil God.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote