Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 10:44 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

My wife sent me this:
Quote:
I just read this in CNN money:
Chesty Morgan, an enterprising stripper from Detroit, sought to claim her breast implants as a medical expense. A tax court judge busted Chesty on that one, but he did her a bigger favor by allowing her to write off the operation as an un-reimbursed business expense. (As a medical deduction, Chesty would have only been allowed to write off the operation if her costs exceeded a whopping 7.5 percent of her income. Business write-offs can be claimed if they top just 2 percent of her pay, so they're more valuable.) Can you believe that! A stripper gets to deduct her tit operation as a business expense... what is the world coming to?
Personally, I think it's fair - and a victory for both men and women. And not just because there will be more fake gravity-defying breasts in the world. We're talking calf implants and pec implants for male actors, nose jobs - just think of the money Michael Jackson has probably saved already using this deduction. Oh, and in Nevada, it would mean brothels can claim condoms - as it’s a legitimate business activity there.

Note the 7.5% of income "floor" for medical expenses - your medical costs must exceed that much of your pay. Oh, and you of course can't claim anything your insurance pays. In one theory, this will keep the use of this deduction to those who are poor, i.e. earn less money per year and have a smaller number for 7.5%. In another theory, this scheme is *for* the rich for two reasons: (1) it's an itemized deduction, and the poor don't itemize; (2) it really only benefits those who can afford to gamble by going without medical insurance - and if you're rich enough you don't bother wasting money on expensive insurance policies.

Too much tax theory? Just tossing it out there for those nay-sayers who think Congress doesn't try to influence behavior or benefit its constituents with the tax code.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm going to take this in a different direction Timber.

I prefer real, natural, unenhanced breasts.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-31-2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

On a slightly related note, here in San Francisco there is a strip club called "The Lusty Lady". It is the ONLY union strip club in the country. They just successfully completed a strike to stop managment from lowering their hourly wage by $3 an hour.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:13 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I'm going to take this in a different direction Timber.

I prefer real, natural, unenhanced breasts.
Well, I take each individual breast on its own merits, Yorick.

I tend to prefer, I would guess, fake ones to look at and real ones to have and to hold. Besides, bras do wonders (pun) these days. My wife loves to joke how she is always "misrepresenting bigtime" certain aspects of herself to the world when she wears her water bra. Differences of taste will hopefully ensure that women continue to have second thoughts about these decisions.

I'm personally against cosmetic surgeries. Hair/hand/face creams, tanning beds, dental work, etc are all okay by me, but no knives or suction probes please. That said, I support and respect the opinions held by those who elect to have such surgeries.

But, I think breast surgery is certainly a "business" decision for a stripper.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

A couple of years ago i remember reading an article about a sex line operator who was able to get workers compensation for the carpal tunnel syndrome she developed in her wrists from excessive.. er.. job related good times..
Old 01-31-2003, 01:17 PM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I prefer real ones even to look at Timber. I find fake ones a big turn off.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-31-2003, 02:46 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I prefer real ones even to look at Timber. I find fake ones a big turn off.
Hear hear. In some cases it's almost mutalation. Best example i can come up with is the daughter of Aaron Spelling. One day she's totally flat, the next there's.... well, i don't even know what it looks like, but it sure isn't natural. It's ugly.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:52 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, picking Tori Spelling to use as an example of breast implants is like picking Austin Powers to represent dental hygeine. You'd be surprised how many girls have these, and how few you notice.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:54 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Well, picking Tori Spelling to use as an example of breast implants is like picking Austin Powers to represent dental hygeine. You'd be surprised how many girls have these, and how few you notice.
Not notice ? How about the scars ?
Old 01-31-2003, 02:56 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Scars depend on how good the doctor is. Plus, and not to be too graphic, but some implants are done through the aereola, and some are done through the crease under the breast. If small-ish sized implants are used through the crease, and the doctor is good, the scars are quite difficult to see.