Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2001, 11:46 PM   #1
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok i need help here, My party currently is:
Me(cavalier)
keldorn
minsc
jaheira
Aerie
Imoen

i just saved Imoen and i just got released.......Since Yoshimo left me and Imoen is a lousy thief, i think i would go and get Jan but who should i kick out?Aerie's my lover, Minsc has a stupid bug problem which makes him attack his teammates sometimes,Imoen lousy thief. So which of this 3 should i kick?
Old 05-20-2001, 12:09 AM   #2
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

I wouldn't ditch anyone. I consider Jan to be pure baggage; Low hps and multi-classed, ugh. Besides, unless you were using him alot before, he'll be even lower level than Imoen. Imoen is good enough for the last few chapters of the game. There are very few traps after you leave Spellhold (assuming you did most of the other quests beforehand), and not many locked chests. Grab some potions of perception and master thievery and she is fine.
Old 05-20-2001, 12:23 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You current have two paladins, my question is who is using the Holy Avenger? If Keldorn is not using the Holy Avenger, and IF you really want to have Jan, then ditch Keldorn. Otherwise Imoen is more than capable to carry out your thiefing needs for the rest of the game (I have had her in my party several times till the end and she is more than CAPABLE to detect/disarm traps or open an odd lock).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-20-2001, 03:36 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

of course... look at her other stats accord... lousy. its like her brain was put to her beauty.. get it?

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-20-2001, 03:50 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
of course... look at her other stats accord... lousy. its like her brain was put to her beauty.. get it?

Heh...I prefer to have her as a full time mage... INT of 17 is not too bad...although personally, I prefer her to have more STR rather than CHR....now, only if these two attribute points are switched....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-20-2001, 04:18 AM   #6
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

IMO, keep who you have at this point in the game. Imoen isn't the best thief, but good enough to get the job done. I've been in the exact same situation, and managed just fine. Although I doubt you will find a lock she has insufficient skill to open, remember your strong characters can force doors and chests open.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:32 AM   #7
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Holy Avenger??i dun have that weapon =(
keldorn's true sight and dispel is real useful though

actually is JAN really good??if not then maybe i should stick with this party and also where do i get the holy avenger.......

my main paladin is using the swrod whiich i took from Koshi and keldorn is using the hallowed redeemer
Old 05-20-2001, 04:49 AM   #8
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*bump*
Old 05-20-2001, 09:34 AM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Jan is damn cool! He is quite good, because with him and Aerie you can unleash a barrage of magic missiles upon your foes, dump Jaheira she is b**** especially towards Aerie who is invincible if she has the shield of reflection and a mace of disruption, give her a Robe Of The Good Archamge and she is close to being the best NPC in the game.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:36 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

soven its a spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>