Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 03:21 AM   #1
Vinetou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way to protect your NPC's from this spell? I know my mage could cast freedom to bring him back, but unfortunately i don't have that spell.
Or, i didn't try that yet [img]smile.gif[/img] does the imprisoned character comes back "by himself" after some time?? it must be quite a long time...
Vinetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:37 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

One of these days, I am going to jump out of the window screaming if I ever see this kind of post again. Not your fault though, it is just that I have been answering this question numerous times already.

In reply to your question, you have the following options,

Spell Immunity: Abjuration
Scroll of Protection from Magic
Berserker's Rage

~~ADD] Imprisonment is forever. Only Freedom can bring back the imprisoned character/summon. Never let a summon get imprisoned as it will forever count towards your summoning limit until you cast Freedom and let it unsummon.

Maze, a similiar spell at level 8, is temporary. Imprisonment is much worse by several orders of magnitude though.

Note that this only applies to normal Imprisonment Spells. If you are referring to...
~
~
~
~
... Kangaxx the Demi-Lich, refer to the link in my signature.

[ 07-30-2002, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I've been on this forum about eleven months less than you, Dundee, and yet I'm being driven insane by this topic.. I can only imagine what it's like for you. Anyway, in addition to the above anti-imprisonment tactics, you can also use...
The 6th level mage spell Spell Deflection
The 7th level mage spell Spell Turning
The 9th level mage spell Spell Trap (Also found in the Staff of the Magi)
And finally, the 7th level cleric spell Shield of the Archons. Thank you and goodnight.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:51 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Also, the Rod of Absorbtion.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
JeraalMordeth
Dungeon Master

Definately Staff of the Magi! It turns your mage into a walking magical beatstick. You'll be like: "Oh, thanks for the 9 spell levels back! Now let me cast Maze on you while I set up a offense." Or if you've removed the gay experience cap you can toss back some Time Stops or Imprisonments of your own!
JeraalMordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 03:00 AM   #6
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Wow, i allways thaught i knew everything about Kangaxx... apparently not. But then again i allways ended up killing him on the first hit every time so i dont really know how hard he really is. Just out of curiosity; Why the hell does the game think im dead if i get imprisioned? Isnt there some way to stop this? Short of having to cast protective spells on myself. I would at least like to be able to be given a chance to cast freedom to get myself back.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:44 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Because the game thinks your party members are jerka**es and are incapable of rescuing you. Once you see the grid matrix of the Imprisonment spell form around your main character, just push the Quickload button... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:38 AM   #8
JeraalMordeth
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Because the game thinks your party members are jerka**es and are incapable of rescuing you. Once you see the grid matrix of the Imprisonment spell form around your main character, just push the Quickload button... ...
Yeah I hate that. If you don't have the proper equipment/spells you'll just have to hold your main character back for these fights. Sometimes it seems like they specificly target the protagonist, but that's probably just the frustration talking [img]smile.gif[/img]
JeraalMordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:12 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I also hate the fact that even if you have several mages with Stone to Flesh memorized, and have a few Scrolls of Stone to Flesh on you, the game ends if you get petrified. The first time this happened to me I hadn't saved in a long while, and I grabbed the monitor and screamed, "BUT MY PARTY MEMBERS CAN HELP ME! NO! DON'T YOU SHOW THAT MOVIE! NOOO!"

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 03:55 PM   #10
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Yeh it is annoying i think they should have made it that you have to take control of another member until you get to wherever you need to ressurect them...or u cud just kick them out and use just NPC's (man i love "ctrl+k")
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote