Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 12:53 PM   #21
realbinky
Elminster

I think it was a class move to do it in person. I assume you still bought dinner? I probably would have done it via email and hid from her the rest of my life. Not to say I'm not classy, but I can be very shy, and even the phone would be hard for me to use for this reason. No one who knows me thinks so, but with new people, I am definitely shy. Congrats on finding a someone special. Don't go overboard, make it last [img]smile.gif[/img] Best of all, enjoy with a clear conscience. I think just the fact that you are concerned about it proves you are not a chump!
Old 11-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #22
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

No thats a classy thing to do mate, don't stress over it.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:26 PM   #23
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Thanks a lot, YOU are responsible for pepsi coming out of my nose! I would have laughed my ass off had it not stung so much. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I do what I can...

It's a good thing that you didn't first e-mail her and then decide to see her in person, because to get to her before the e-mail, you would have had to move faster than the speed of slight.

Old 11-19-2002, 01:29 PM   #24
MagiK

@ Binky [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course I bought lunch! Err I am a bit old fashioned. I think first dates should be the mans treat. Not sayin anyone else has to follow this rule, just the way it is for me.

I wanted her to know that I had not intended for things to end up the way they did was a real and sincere thing too. It is why when we set up the actuall meeting place I told her to pick some place close to her, some place in her own territory and to let me do the long drive.

Old 11-19-2002, 01:32 PM   #25
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
It's a good thing that you didn't first e-mail her and then decide to see her in person, because to get to her before the e-mail, you would have had to move faster than the speed of slight.
Ooof! had to read it three times before I noticed "slight"

Old 11-19-2002, 01:32 PM   #26
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

You did good Maj. In person is the way to do it everytime [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 01:58 PM   #27
Charean
Hathor

Question Mark

You did just fine, Ray.

Now you are going to have to keep us posted on the new lady...

At least you won't be bored since she isn't as conservative as you are!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 02:09 PM   #28
MagiK

Errr I am only conservative about fiscal and political stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] Life style stuff I go for the gusto [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2002, 02:18 PM   #29
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, Magik, congratulations. I would have done just what you did in the lunch-buying department, but I wouldn't have told her about C, just never have called her back. But, Galadria tells me that women infinitely prefer the in-person stuff. But, then, numerous women have dumped me over the phone, so, I don't have much compunction for doing the same thing.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #30
MagiK

Oddly enough, when I have been dumpped, the lady in question has usually prefered to do it face to face...usually with lengthy listings of my various faults and inquiries into my parentage.