Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2002, 12:33 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well you know the Q...i was thinking:the character must be deadly,fast,charismatic...all this is for Bards,but i was thinking something else......Help

Xen
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:25 PM   #2
drewal
Drow Warrior

Spoilers below

I have only played with the tactics mod once, and am still in the middle of it.

I am soloing a necromancer. He is now level 31.

I did install the mod after the irenicus dungeon, so I can not speak to the Ilyich challenge, but my mage seems to do pretty well.

The trickiest fight so far, has been the mind flayers lair in the underdark. They were devouring my brain rather quickly, and since I am the only member of the party, their habit of dimension dooring to a random party member's location was particularly troublesome.

At first I tried confronting flayers in hallways where only a few could get at me at a time; but then switched tactics and moved into the middle of the larger rooms. I'd cast improved alacrity and summon mordekainens swords, one after another, in a wall around me. Then I'd use the remaining control circlets to dominate one or two flayers.

That worked much better.
Old 12-27-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

The Tactics Mod battles usually calls forth the use of some non trivial tactics and approaches. In some fights Magic will turn the tide - while it'll be bashing force in others. Ergo, it's only logical that you'll want a character that would be able to answer both needs.

The top candidates for this postion are, in my opinion, the Fighter/Mage and the Ranger/Cleric. Both have impressive melee capabilities, backed up by their amazing spell arsenal (or is it the other way around? ). Suffice to say, both are powerful enough to waltz through all the Tactics Mod fights, sleepwalking. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you choose the Fighter/Mage, consider the dual options. The Berserker/Mage, the ever-popular Kensai/Mage and the new star - the Anti Paladin/Mage are all godly combos.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote