Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 11:26 AM   #31
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I am finally forced to ask. What the hell is ska?

Megabot and Moni- 10cc sucks! [img]tongue.gif[/img] "Like walking in the rain and the snow and theres"
"nowhere to go and you're feelin' like a part of you is dyin...and you're looking for the answer in her eyes"
You know, I haven't even HEARD that song since the 70's LOL
There. Now you can shoot yourself.
BANG (LoA falls dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound)
[img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

How about some Hall & Oates? There's a reason to kill yourself for sure!

I also remember The Atlanta Rhythm Section's "Champagne Jam" Not bad! Which other single did they release? I know they had two. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Oh yeah SKA....um I think like No Doubt would be a form of ska. Correct me if I am wrong someone!
[/QUOTE]"You think she wants to break, instead she wants to make up" *LoA still dead, shoots himself again* I hear the damn song all the time Moni! Your very lucky! As for the Atlanta Rythme Section they did Spooky (kind of an anthem for your boyfriends [img]tongue.gif[/img] yep gonna pay for that one [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-14-2002, 12:26 PM   #32
skywalker
Banned User

Bad Moni! Bad Princess!

To remind me about Hall & Oates! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

I can't go for that, no how, no can do! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Private eyes, they're watching you! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

(Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Boy I'm glad I got all that out of my system...I feel much better now!

Mark
Old 09-14-2002, 12:30 PM   #33
Moni

Quote:
As for the Atlanta Rythme Section they did Spooky (kind of an anthem for your boyfriends [img]tongue.gif[/img] yep gonna pay for that one [img]smile.gif[/img] )
I can't believe that stations across the nation would play stuff like 10cc on a daily basis unless their format was strictly soft rock from the 70's lol. Poor man. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My sister (in KY) thinks Dokken is still a relatively new band LOL. Too bad she's such a b*tch, I'd invite her out here and send her to see Dokken and Ratt live next week LOL. (notice I did not say I'd go with her lol)

Spooky, lol Naa, I can take the truth.

[ 09-14-2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-14-2002, 12:33 PM   #34
Moni

Skywalker,
ROFLMAO!
Thanks for reminding me of the actual songs!
I knew they were bad and considered myself lucky that all I remembered were their names.
Now I'm going to be sick LOL.

Old 09-14-2002, 01:36 PM   #35
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Dokken a new band? LOL Now thats funny! I bought the first Dokken album when I lived in Yuma in 1983 LOL It must be a Kentucky thing [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm trying to think of the remake Hall&Oates really wrecked by the Rightoues Brothers...We've lost that loving feeling. Wasnt that them? It sure sucked [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2002, 01:48 PM   #36
Moni

Quote:
Dokken a new band? LOL Now thats funny! I bought the first Dokken album when I lived in Yuma in 1983 LOL It must be a Kentucky thing [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm trying to think of the remake Hall&Oates really wrecked by the Rightoues Brothers...We've lost that loving feeling. Wasnt that them? It sure sucked [img]smile.gif[/img]
LOL Oh yeah it is a Kentucky thang! I saw her in the mid 90's and asked her what she had been up to. Her (excited) answer: "Rockin to Dokken Baby!" I was laughing to hard to puke.
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Like you, I got my first exposure to them in AZ in the early 80's.

Oooo if Hall & Oates did a remake of the Righteous Brothers, I missed it LOL! I'm feeling really lucky right now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2002, 01:51 PM   #37
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Yes it was Hall & Oates [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

"You've Lost That Loving Feeling" by the Righteous Brothers was much better.

BTW Spooky was done by the Classics 4 before The Atlanta Rhythm Section, but both versions were pretty good!

ARS did songs called "So Into You" "Imaginary Lovers" and "I'm Not Going To Let It Bother Me Tonight".

Mark
Old 09-14-2002, 01:53 PM   #38
skywalker
Banned User

Anyone remember Supertramp?

Good? Bad?

I thought they had a few good songs.

Mark
Old 09-14-2002, 01:59 PM   #39
Moni

You'd have to give me some titles for Supertramp lol. I can hear the singer's voice but only like one note and I can't "Name That Tune" in one note!

PS Thanks for the additional ARS titles! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I knew you would know the original band that did Spooky LOL

[ 09-14-2002, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #40
Lioness
Jack Burton

U2, Nickelback, Creed, The Calling, Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morisette, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Dar Williams, Lori McKenna...