Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2001, 08:00 PM   #21
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

A bit of clarfication - I said multinationals own the pollution causing factories in Mexico. I never mentiond any country at all. I know that many of the multinationals based in Britain are involved in pollution in Central and South America, as well as those in the US. However these companies are not controlled or influenced by any one country.
------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
THE ABYSS - FREE FORM ROLEPLAYING
http://pub76.ezboard.com/btheabyss40673

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 07-26-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 08:33 PM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok let me get this right,I am now a paranoid delusional fool. For stating my opinion. Ok. I ask you to prove that. You owe me an apology.
I stand behind my opinions, I didnt insult anyone. I pointed out the weakness of an organization. All responses toward me attacked me, not my argument. I ask again where is Greenpeace in the Third World? Or is high-profile antics all they are capable of and have the guts for? So in true Greenpeace fashion where does your electricity come from? You live in a house? How did it get built? Your computer? PLASTIC! I hate attacking like this but think about it, your being a hypocrites. If mankind does not progress, it will die. I do not like all the progresses of our modern civilization either, but some must be accepted.

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 08:42 PM   #23
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Great post LoA. If mankind ahs been around for as long as we have wouldnt we already have destoryed the world if we wear really ganan do it.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 07-25-2001, 08:48 PM   #24
Moni

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Yeah this makes no sense now, but neither did leaving this post intact after everyone altered their's to be nicer to each other.

Everyone kiss and make up!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-26-2001).]

Old 07-25-2001, 08:49 PM   #25
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just spoken to my daughter. She is back home now, very tired and with a bruised foot where a policewoman stamped on it (deliberately) and bruised arm. She said all the other police were very nice and kind.
She gave me this site, in case anyone is interested:

www.stopesso.com

Some of the info on it is amazing.
She said 'thank you' to all who wished her well.

------------------

Old 07-25-2001, 08:58 PM   #26
jabidas
Silver Dragon

So no throwing bricks at the police then?

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 09:00 PM   #27
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Great post LoA. If mankind ahs been around for as long as we have wouldnt we already have destoryed the world if we wear really ganan do it.

There are one hell of a lot more people doing one hell of a lot more poluting than ever before in human history, Grand-Ranger. Your comment makes you look like an ostrich, lol!

------------------

Old 07-25-2001, 09:05 PM   #28
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
So no throwing bricks at the police then?

Sorry, Jabidas! No fun of that sort!
She is out on bail - as they all are - but will have to appear in court if esso press charges. Might have to go to prison too. Check out the link I posted on page 1 if you would like to see info on Esso and on the action my daughter was involved in

------------------

Old 07-25-2001, 09:07 PM   #29
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
There are one hell of a lot more people doing one hell of a lot more poluting than ever before in human history, Grand-Ranger. Your comment makes you look like an ostrich, lol!

An ostrige? I have been called many things befeor but never an ostrige.... Uh oh anywho. .. I still stand with my point. Even if more pouloting is going on, still, after 2000+ years,,come on people. The world will keep turning if even if somone cuts done a friggen tree or two. Now I might seem a little ny eve (er is that how you spell it?) but look at the industry we have today. Its been progressing for decades now. Ever sence the early 1900's . Wouldnt that have destoryed it? Come on people your not ganna stop the corprate armerica, not that I suport coprate amereica...

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 07-25-2001, 09:14 PM   #30
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

An ostrige? I have been called many things befeor but never an ostrige.... Uh oh anywho. .. I still stand with my point. Even if more pouloting is going on, still, after 2000+ years,,come on people. The world will keep turning if even if somone cuts done a friggen tree or two. Now I might seem a little ny eve (er is that how you spell it?) but look at the industry we have today. Its been progressing for decades now. Ever sence the early 1900's . Wouldnt that have destoryed it? Come on people your not ganna stop the corprate armerica, not that I suport coprate amereica...

Errmmmm... You call yourself a Ranger?! Ask Minsc and Boo!
Seriously: no disrespect, but you seem incredibly ill-informed. I should get a job at Esso, if I were you - they will love you!

------------------