Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 11:22 AM   #1
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Ok i created a spell to help train up my conjuration summon dagger 1 sec. duration it has put my short sword skill up to 675 and it has been that way for a few game days is this a known bug or something or just a fluke?
Old 06-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Yes there is. Slacker posted about it a while back. Quickly equiping and unequiping summoned items that give a stat boast can make it permanent. He could not find a way to fix it and had to start over. You could try using a trainer program to see if you can lower the skill back down to the regular range, or contact tech support maybe they can fix the saved game file.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #3
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Lol ok so i'm not alone i don't use the short sword skill anyway so i'm not going to bother with it, If i'm not alone with having it, it will probably and hopefully be fixed in a patch.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
Goumindong
Manshoon

player->setshortblade x where x is the original number.
player->setlongblade x where x is the original number.

This works with all skills and all stats, use the exact stat name and skill name with no space between it and the "set"
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

oooh! good tip goumindong!

thanks. i accidentally did the same thing. its not that high, but i don't want it at all. i was only trying to increase my summoning skill.

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2002, 12:33 PM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i recommend using the bound boots spell for that purpose. i made a 1 second bound boots spell. and i cast it as i am running between location. it only lasts one second but the speed increase helps when i cast it over and over again. I have not noticed that problem happening when using bound items that raise an attribute like speed or strenght. i think it only effects skills.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:54 PM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I totally agree with slackerboy. The default running walking/running speed really sucks.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:58 AM   #8
Goumindong
Manshoon

If you think the default running speed sucks you should try an orc/nord/redgaurd. In my experience they seem to run faster than others with similar athletics/speed.

My orc has the BoBS and runs really really fast now. with only (2)37 speed
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:27 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yeah speed is totally fubbed up.. :S
But fortunately there is a plugin you can make that increase the speed by 25% on everything. Personally I would have like a 25% walking speed increase and a 35% increase in running... (Slackey?? Mr Modda man?? *BIG FRIENDLY WOLFGRIN* )

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:05 PM   #10
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I'd just like a nice footbath from all that bouncing around. Is that too much to ask? Getting cranky in my old age. Must be the only Drow around with creaky joints and knees that hurt when it rains. Which it does a lot in Morrowind.