Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
Volourn
Manshoon

Yes, this is another "LOOK AT MY CHARACTER!" posts. I don't care, I want to do it. If you don't like don't read, if you do post your comments or write about your favorite PC that you brought through the game.
Things To Know: This is not the first "Volourn" that I took through the game as my orginal to save files fizzled; so his stats are a little higher than I originally wanted them to be. So here it goes....

Character: Volourn Honourblade
Race: Dwarf
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Fighter/Cleric
Diety: Berronar Truesilver
Adventuring Party: SilverGauntlet

BG2 STATS

S: 18 (str tome)
D: 15 (dex tome)
C: 18 (con tome)
I: 10 (int tome, lost int in dream, sucks vs.illithids)
W: 18 (wis tome)
C: 14 (no tome-woo hoo!)

PnP STATS = S:17, D:14, C:16, I:10, W: 17, C:14

OTHER STATS

BG2: LvL: 13/14, HP: 103 (113 w/eqp), AC: -10, TH: extremely low, ST: way in neg (as low as -9).

PnP: LvL: 10 HP:92, AC:1, TH: around 5 or so, ST: very low.

MAJOR EQUIPMENT IN BG2: Crom Faeyr, Dwarven Thrower, Balduran Plate, Balduran Helmet, Setinel Shield, Ring of Gaxx, andothers.
MAJOR EQUIPMENT IN PnP: 2h battle axe +2, Everbright Dwarven Platemail +1, Helm of Underwater Breathing, Onyx Dog Figurine, Medium-Sized Bag of Holding, and MANY potions, and scrolls.

Pnp Background History: Was raised in Mithril Hall, and is the third cousin of the famed dwarven king, Bruenor Battlehammer. Was born to his mother in Icewind Dale near the Ten-Towns. His family, and clan were all dwarven warriors dedicated to the gods Moradin, and Clangeddin. Volourn was different as he heart, and soul belonged to Berronar Truesilver ( the dwarven goddess of home and family).
When he turned 70, he decided it was best to begin the adventuring life in honour of his goddess to save as many homeless dwarves as possible so he went outinto the world. The dwarf became a champion of this cause as well. ( His kit was , of course Champion - I wish this was in the game along with Bladesinger).
Some 5 years later, he hooked up with a group of fellow adventurers. They all called themselves the Copper Gauntlet. Their leader by default was paladin who could not strategize, so Volourn was the actual leader in most party members' eyes. They landed up helping out Shadowdale against some invading drow. Unfortunately, most of the group landed up dying. The rest left, so Volourn was once again alone.
Over the next few years he joined various groups but none could last. finally he formed a group personally, and they named it the Silver Gauntlet. He was named official leader by the others. The group consisted of the following characters: his best friend Tymonn Rosefield ( an elven mage who was formerly a war wizard), a human barbarian named Korlock, a dwarf from the Great Rift named Jareth Ironbringer who was also a priest of Berronar Truesilver with a bad attitude, and finally a half-orc fighter called Yeenog.
This group faced many challenges, and travelled all over. From the Jungles of Chult to far south Halruaa they've seen it all. They battled creatures such as beholders, and drow, as well as a few dragons. Even a demon once that they had *accidently* released from its prison in Myth Drannor. Volourn has actually died a few times , but has been raised by his caring friends. They even convinced a mage tuse a wish spell to great personal sacrifice to bring him back when it seemed impossible (and I had actually had moved on to playing another PC - I immediatley switched back). His worst enimies were the assassin The Hat, who was a hobgoblin; and a priest of Loviatar named Hilthivagi from Undermountain.
Alas, the adventurers were last seen searching for the almost mythical Dragon Mountain. None knows for sure what happened to them.

THE END

P.S.i know that was long, but that was my favorite character of all time. He lasted for 15 years game time, and 5 full years real time. If it was for the damn undead he'd be higher level - and the cowardice of my fearful companions. I hope you enjoyed the read.

Over and out....

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-15-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
Volourn
Manshoon

Awwwwww......... Nobody likes me!?! j/k

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:15 PM   #3
Legolas the Elven Archer

You know, if you want to recreate your old PnP character in BG2 and come out a little high on the stats, you can just set the stats to the level you want and leave the spare points. You could also give the tomes to other characters.
The BG2 equipment is a bit over the top, but that's what you get with all those items .

BTW, it's good to see your character has a background. That really adds so much to his being alive in your head.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-15-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Volourn
Manshoon

Yeah,I know what you mean Legolas. But BG2 is combat heavy (but still the best CRPG with a great story), so I decided to keep it that way. I did it originally until my original game was erased. Peace out!

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 11:47 PM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hello Volourn.
Well I for one thank you for sharing your character with the board.
I enjoyed reading the history of your character. And I enjoy reading the history of everyones items or characters or whatever. It's fun!
I especially liked hearing of Volourn Honourblade's worst enemies. But how did they become enemies?

Old 06-16-2001, 01:37 AM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

i LOVE reading character's bios. thanks so much for sharing that with us.

V***V

Old 06-16-2001, 09:41 AM   #7
Volourn
Manshoon

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by Djinn Raffo: "How did they become enimies?"

Here's that explanation you wanted Djinn.....

The Hat - This hobgoblin thief (shadow kit from HHB) made a habit of killing my felllow companions throughout Volourn's adventuring career. At least three died this way. The first encounter took place in our original defence of Shadowdale. He was working for the drow. Throughout the campaign he plotted against us. Everywhere we went; he followed. One time, in the Underdark I actually beat him, but the PUNK ran away. Another episode was on a ship on our way to Halruaa when the party was trapped by his many henchman. Volourn challenged him, and landed up losing due to extremely poor luck. Can you imagine rolling over five 1's in a single one on one fight. I can't believe my champion lost to a thief in straight combat despite The Hat's many magical items. Anyways, his troops threw me overboard, and left me for dead. Fortunately, they didn't strip me of my gear so I still had my Helm of Underwater Action ( EVEN the DM had forgotten - I reminded him, of course. Let me tell you something... It's not easy walking on the bottom of the ocean trying to avoid killer sharks,as well as all the intelligent sea life like sahuagin. I eventually made it to land, and joined up with the group once again.
The Hat was, and is Volourn's arch enemy. a conclusion to our never-ending battles never occured.

Hlithvagi - This guy was a human male priest of Loviatar who lived in the dark town of Skullport, which is situated in Undermountain under the great city of Waterdeep. This guy was a slaver, so I figure you can guess why the LG Volourn would not appreciate his antics. This guy could be considered a thorn in our hereo's side every time he enetered Undermountain. 2 events stand out with Hlithvagi. The first is an encounter in which the slaver priest used his staff of withering to destroy Volourn's friend Tymonn Rosefield's arm off. We then proceeded to make Hlithvagi to run from us. The elf eventually had his part restored. The second incident occured when we made a raid of his base in Skullport. We destroyed it, but not before one of the members died (susequently raised). Hlithvagi fled once again into the night - this time never to return. Not a bad second rankeded main enemy.

The two actually teamed up once, and awhile to battle us. Of course, they had only limited success. There are other enteresting villians that we faced of, but none as long term foes as the two above.

Thanks for reading.

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 09:59 AM   #8
Hesperex

In my humble opinion a character without a background is no character atall! tis nice indeed to see that some people still take the time to develop a proper character with a history and background. I even make custom weapons adn armour for mine, but I doubt any of the people who have posted thus far on this thread will know who I am so I won't go into it.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 06-16-2001, 12:57 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I admire the level of detail you've gone to, Volourn. Not many people do that. You're definitely a roleplayer!

Off topic - Hesperex, your sig isn't showing.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 01:13 PM   #10
Volourn
Manshoon

Thanks everyone. Now,I have to make sure these comments don't get to my head. Heheh!

BTW: Hesperex, post your character. As I said in my original post, this thread isn't just about Volourn; but about everyone's favorite character(s). I'd definitely be enterested.

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------