Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2004, 12:22 PM   #1
Jackster9
Welcomed New User

Light Bulb

Hey there...I'm in a bit of a fix! I'm in Suldanessellar, I've slain the dragon and I'm on the verge of opening the gates, but I can't summon the Avatar, because I have no golden cup...I managed to collect eveything else. It's driving me nuts!! Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it. Thanx,
T.
Jackster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] WELCOME to IW

the cup should be among the loots for killing the dragon. Did you check his body? or how did you kill him? you might've killed him in the way that also destoryed the loots. Otherwise, it might be a bug.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by teardropmina:
you might've killed him in the way that also destoryed the loots.
Happily, quest-required items (such as the Goblet) are immune to destruction due to loot-destroying spells such as Disintegrate. They'll also remain on the ground forever, whereas other loot vanishes after a day or so. So just go back with a cleanup crew--it's not nice to leave your litter in the forest!

The difficulty with Dragons is seeing the loot they drop, since their death animation seems to cover up the items on the ground about 50% of the time. Poke around in the region of the Dragon's pelvis, and you'll find it.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

It happened to me also once. The cup dissapeared. where? i do not know.

If everything else fails use powerword-Reload. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] WELCOME TO IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Try looking, like SoS said, in the dead dragon's body, pressing tab will help (if you have ToB then it will show items clearer).

If that fails, try resting until the dragon body is gone then get it.

If that fails, as BB said, just reload your game.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
Jackster9
Welcomed New User

Got the cup...took a bit of searching tho. Thanks for the Tab trick and all of the other help! You've all save me the trouble of tossing my computer out of the 2nd floor window!
Best (till my feet become mired again)
T.
Jackster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

welcome the the iron works

ok off topic-6,if quest items dont get deystroyed with disintigrate,does that mean in the paladin stronghold,last quest(get carsomy-spelling for the paladins) does that count as a quest item?

[ 04-20-2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 04-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:

ok off topic-6,if quest items dont get deystroyed with disintigrate,does that mean in the paladin stronghold,last quest(get carsomy-spelling for the paladins) does that count as a quest item?
Yes. So does the Flail of the Ages for example.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:04 PM   #9
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

ok thanks...theres an easy way then ...have to lower his resistence to magic though i think...Thanks Xen
Old 04-20-2004, 07:51 PM   #10
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:

Yes. So does the Flail of the Ages for example. [/QUOTE]wait a second, one time when i was playing a sorceress, i destroyed carsomyr when i blasted firky with a spell triggered cone of cold...

could it be that it can't be destroyed when you play a pally???

hmmm...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote