Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2000, 12:41 AM   #1
Aristocrat

I'm not trying to pull anyone's leg, I've honestly done it. Relax - I will not 'spoil' your game with any further hints in this direction. : )

I just wanted to know if anyone else has done it. I was wondering where I was gonna get the money to train my dudes up, man O man was it getting expensive! Woo hoo!
Old 12-31-2000, 02:11 AM   #2
Molva

Ya, I think pretty much everybody knows at least one of the gold cheats...but people say there are ways to get the money...
Old 12-31-2000, 02:49 AM   #3
Gauleiter

I'm not sure it's possible to do this without cheating; this time through, my one man run, money/experience have been no problem and I've gone completely legit.

My first run, though, I exploited the Grue Morde Assassin Quest Bug one night: clicked away in an excited frenzy for about ten minutes, went to bed, and woke up with 4.5 MILLION, in addition to a level 30-something Assassin!

Well, there's no way possible to spend that kinda money in W&W, so everybody got the best equipment & training, enchanting items a zillion times over became no problem so all characters got super-weapons and armour. I then proceeded to exploit the Gold Scorpion Room Trick (not really a bug...) to get myself infinite experience. In under an hour of play (work?), all six characters were level 40-something, excepting the Assassin who, already 30-something, was *WAY* up there.

Every character had every spell. Monsters were no problem, even with spawn often & difficulty hard. It quickly became rather pointless: the big scary 3-headed Hydra that kills everyone died in under 20 seconds from my super-weapons and killer spells. I finished the game, and even Cet was little more than moderately difficult.

Take my word for it, playing legit is *SO* much more enjoyable than cheating left and right. Cut your party down to 1 or 2 and money/experience will never run short, though you'll find yourself dying more often . All the more reason to learn good save habits while still in the beginnings of the game...
Old 12-31-2000, 08:47 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

So, is it considered cheating if you exploit an armory, buying stuff low and selling high? I've gained at least 2 million this way.
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 09:39 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

skywalker - doesn't sound like cheating to me. Sounds like good business!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 10:50 AM   #6
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Have done it without cheating. I used the cash to enchant weapons to hit better. It's well worth it.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote