Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Once again, my comp is crumbling before my eyes.

A few minutes ago my computer began restarting on it's own. It happenned once, then a few minutes later it restarted again, and then restarted several times ina row before Windows could even start up. I checked the temperature, it was a bit high but not at the shutdown level. Last time something like this happenned we had to remove a line of memory in the process of fixing it which has since then caused it to run extremely slow (we havn't replaced it yet). I hope it's not the same problem, and it may not be considering that this time it's apparently let me on long enough to post this in the forum.

Side notes:

The comp isn't recieving any signals from the mouse (and it's a pain trying to maneuver through this forum using only the keyboard).

Yesterday I ran a virus/spyware/adware check and cleaned up my computer.

Any ideas of what's wrong and/or how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

You haven't overclocked your computer?
One of your fans hasn't died?
It isn't unusually hot where you are right now?
You haven't accepted any dodgy files lately?

You could try system restore if you're on XP. Try booting in safe mode and then system restore, should hopefully help.

Also, does your mouse work after you take it out and plug it back in?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Could be a bad PSU.
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Well uh technically it could be anything in the damn computer [img]tongue.gif[/img] Best to have someone examine it.
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kynaeus:
Well uh technically it could be anything in the damn computer [img]tongue.gif[/img] Best to have someone examine it.
Now, there's where you should stop . That is an obsurd statement, meaningless and totally untrue.

Have you got anywhere yet armageddon?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Is this still recurring from last issue?
If so, me tinks it's new PSU time. Or, did you upgrade to new MB and are using an older PSU?

What else is new, and what else is old?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:21 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

First go to
http://www.belarc.com
Go to this site and Down load the Home edition of Belarc Advisor its free it's totaly safe and Secure NO WORRIES I promess. It will run a check automatically on your hard drive(s) to let you know if you are having hard drive falure problems, as well as give you a list of every program you have on your computer

Next go to
http://www.majorgeeks.com/
and here you will find almost every test program there is for computer help> Most are free or at least free to try but in trying the free bees you may fix your problem. For your sake I hope so.

The Number one thing that I would check is your internal power supply. As many of you may remember not to long ago My computer started having problems exactally as you describe and because of a faulty power supply it shorted my Hard drive and set it on fire. I lost over 100 GB of imformation and If I had just tested the power supply and found the shorted wire and bad diode I would still have all those save games as well as everything else.

I hope this helps a little and good luck
Old 06-24-2005, 08:55 PM   #8
Zebodog

To solve this, here's what you need to do:

Select an open window.

Throw the computer out of the window!

[ 06-24-2005, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Zebodog ]
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote