Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 12:48 AM   #1
winter

I am having this problem where I play for a while and the game runs smoothly, then however the game begins to slow WAY down after a couple fights. It is strange because the more I play the slower it gets. Finally I just quit the game (save of course) then restart the whole thing and I am good for a few more battles then the big slow down again. I have messed with the settings a lot but to no avail, in fact I originally thought there was something wrong with enhanced path finding because movement would slow up the most. I am running windows 2K so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyone had this kind of a problem, and if so how did ya fix it? (I already tried the patch, it didn't help )

please help!!

Old 01-01-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
winter

Yes I mean Millenium Edition, and not to sound ignorant, but since when is Office 2000 an operating system??

Old 01-01-2001, 02:02 AM   #3
One ANGRY lil' man

Not to demean you but, Is it Windows ME or Windows 2000 office edition because office doesn't suppourt directX.

Old 01-01-2001, 02:13 PM   #4
Ronn

Windows Millenium, ME, is for home pc usage and is the update to Windows 98.

Windows 2000 is for business/professional usage and is the update to Windows NT.

The name has confused many, because after 95 and 98 it would seem 2000 would be next, but thanks to marketing people who felt Millenium had a better "ring", home users got ME and business users waiting for the NT update got a numbered version 2000.

As to your original question of game slow down, I don't think I can help. It's never happened to me. Maybe a memory leak? Try using the config option to set a bigger swap file...I always set my swap file at the minimum for multiplayer even when I play singles because bigger is better....lol

Also, check ZDnet.com for a shareware program called "cacheman". It's suppose to help improve pc performance for everything from "burning" discs to gameplay

Old 01-01-2001, 02:55 PM   #5
winter

Thanks for the help and the clarification I will give that program cacheman a shot, since I am pretty sure my cache isn't the problem (I set it to 500 mb with my page file being 2 gig) ...