Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
othello
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Help I can't figure out how to use the portal in chapter 1. I have 3 keys the sewage key frost and electric key one of the keys i got from the mistress room by the dryads what the heck am i doing wrong? thanks
othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by othello:
Help I can't figure out how to use the portal in chapter 1. I have 3 keys the sewage key frost and electric key one of the keys i got from the mistress room by the dryads what the heck am i doing wrong? thanks
Ok...first of all welcome to Ironworks Othello [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

SPOILERS*
You have to find a portal key wich is located in the room behind the drydas whre the alarm is...

EDITon`t post excat thread twice...but you are new around here so it is OK...

[ 05-14-2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:17 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Xen, Othello already has the correct key--there's only the one key in "the mistress's room."

Othello, you're probably just confused: You walked up to the portal the first time, and it didn't let you through because you didn't have the key. Now that you DO have the key (to test if it's the right one, try to take it out of your Inventory & drop it on the ground--you won't be able to), you also have to walk right up to the portal before trying to walk through it. That's probably what confused you; you just weren't standing close enough.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:45 PM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

If you read Othello's other thread you'll see he thought another room was the mistress'. His problem is solved now however.